Has anyone chrome plated the stock valve covers??

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an extra set of Gen 2 Valve covers I would like to have plated. I have had my wheels and gas cap done and love it. Anything to worry about?? Or, are there any drawbacks. How well would they hold up to the heat?? Any info is welcome!!

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the deal with magnesium?? I have had a set of magnesium corvette rims plated with no problems.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I like chrome too I want to do my whole car in chrome. Do you think that a paint shop could chrome my whole car? You need to get the valve covers done they would look awesome!!!!

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Big Carrot, I have an extra gas cap being plated as we speak. I will let you know when its done!!

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having my complete hood hinge assembly,brake booster,timming chain cover and waterpump and other miscl.pieces being done by cal.chrome as we speak.Thought about doing the wife but couldnt fit her in the box :D

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can actually chrome anything(almost) - depending on what you want to pay.
Remember the old bronze baby shoes? Once you lay down a layer of copper, nickel, or bronze - it can be chromed. In the case of the valve covers -
you may have to have an intermediary non-metallic layer.

OP
OP
B

BlackACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a new set of Gen 2 Valve covers for sale.After wanting to get them plated and not be able to I think they need to go. These are in the Mopar boxes and ready to go. I will take $260 for them shipped with Fedex..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery