Has anyone done the HIDYNAMIC HID upgrade

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone done the Hidynamic hid kit upgrade through r and j? if so i have a couple of questions

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I bought an HIDynamic kit from Ab's group buy - I'm 50/50 - the quality seems pretty good, the packaging was awesome, but the lights themselves were a lot bluer than promised. Blue enough to fail inspection and annoy the snot out of other traffic.

My biggest issue came with a little 80mph jaunt down a backroad when both fuses blew. I had to limp home with one foglight. Bus Fuses fixed the problem. Also the fog light kit did not fit my car without splicing (which I refuse to do - worried about the fire risk, call me paranoid) I never used that kit and was planning on putting up on ebay here soon cheap.

Oh, and I think I could have gotten better tech support calling Pepsi then I did from these guys - sounded like a bunch of highschoolers operating out of their basement between PS2 competitions.

So a search - "groupbuy" and AB as author - you can read all about it.

OP
OP

22YRSOLD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. well i bought the kit. i got the gog and the low beams. i put one side on so far. look pretty good. just concerned about the quality. i dont want them burning out on me anytime soon. It seems to me as if u got the 8000k. thats very blue. i got the 6000k. i wonder why u would have to splice your fogs. mine fit prefect. thats weired. my other question was about the projectors and the cut off. diid u have to modify anything so u wont blind the crap out of oncoming traffic. or was your projector already set nice?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Mine tracked out fine without adjustment... in theory. I'm thinking about lowering the beam just to keep oncoming traffic from flashing me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian R