has anyone installed motec wheel speed sensors on a gen2 with big brake kit?

drlee50

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have Daves big brakes on my can and the setup totally blocks the reluctor ring. the rear seems impossible and the fronts only option is to relocate the the factory abs sensor and somehow mount both in that location. All you standalone guys- you have any other options for traction control? GPS vs driveshaft etc??
I have the Infinity 10 and its has many options for inputs. I would love to have the 4 wheel traction control working- who's got ideas?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have Daves big brakes on my can and the setup totally blocks the reluctor ring. the rear seems impossible and the fronts only option is to relocate the the factory abs sensor and somehow mount both in that location. All you standalone guys- you have any other options for traction control? GPS vs driveshaft etc??
I have the Infinity 10 and its has many options for inputs. I would love to have the 4 wheel traction control working- who's got ideas?

FWIW...
I am installing a Motec M800 that was built and will be tuned by John Reed. This system is going on a Gen 3 TT

This is what John had to say about 4-wheel speed sensors on a Viper.

On Jan 3, 2013, at 3:07 PM, John Reed <> wrote:
Hi Mike,

It depends on the use of the car. For straight line and typical street stuff (or if your diff is pretty tight, as most Vipers seem to be) there isn't a huge advantage as there isn't typically much of a difference side to side in wheel speed. 90% of my customer opt for the two speed kit, and are happy with it. ******** road course/track guys that really know their cars well might notice an advantage of the 4 sensor setup as you then tailor the system to look at the fastest or slowest wheel of the pair.

John Reed
John Reed Racing
www.johnreedracing.com
[email protected]

John
What would be the advantage to have the 4 wheel speed sensor kit on a Viper?

Thanks
Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456