Has anyone put an SRT-10 rear diffuser on GTS?

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If so, do you have pics. I'm looking to do this, but am wondering if it actually fits OK, contouring to the rear of the body. I realize it will fit dimensionally, but am wondering about the actual fit to the rear.

I'm trying to cover up my rear exhaust hole better. The panel I bought is OK, but I'm still not crazy about the look. I realize I will have to rivet it into my rear fascia...

The side exhaust went well, pics will come soon. I found a pretty good solution to the noise problem some complain about too. I used some Hushpower Pro Series mufflers in the sills. The fit was tight, but all seems well..

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave66666......6.666 did a custom diffuser. Might want to ask him for some pictures. :D

On the rear hole, why not just get a Gen I rear bumper?

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use a simple 2 blade. At first it was WAY too big. Stood out like a sore thumb. I modified it to fit nicely by just cutting it down on all sides a bit. Does a great job of hiding the hole where the exhaust exits. I just fiber gelled the hole in the diffuser. Came out pretty good I think.

Before modification.
You must be registered for see images attach
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

After
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

OP
OP
B

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen 1 bumper is out - my funds are limited. I'd have to get it painted too..
I wanted the SRT-10 one because it has the entire panel, which will cover a large part of the rear..

:usa:

I know someone has done it...

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen 1 bumper is out - my funds are limited. I'd have to get it painted too..
I wanted the SRT-10 one because it has the entire panel, which will cover a large part of the rear..

I know someone has done it...

I had them on my old GTS... I had just the blades, I did not use the entire panel, but I am sure it could be done. You could always have a piece of aluminum cut and painted and rivet it to fill the hole.

You must be registered for see images

I bought them from Paul at Don Scharf Automotive, cost about $80. Don Scharf Auto 715-479-8597

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had them on my old GTS... I had just the blades, I did not use the entire panel, but I am sure it could be done. You could always have a piece of aluminum cut and painted and rivet it to fill the hole.

I bought them from Paul at Don Scharf Automotive, cost about $80. Don Scharf Auto 715-479-8597

Ooh, I like that too. You have any pics from straight behind?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't try to use the whole diffuser panel because I kept my rear exhaust. I did however put the SRT diffuser panel up to the bottom of the car and it WILL fit. The panel is made out of a type of carbon fiber but is somewhat flexible. After actually mocking the piece up to the rear of the car, I think it might work better to slightly modify and put on the inside of the rear bumper and re-attach the fins from the outside. That way you wouldn't see the edges (CF panel doesn't flex that much) and the exhaust hole would be covered.

JMO..after hours of trying different combinations...

Home_finally_014.jpg

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't try to use the whole diffuser panel because I kept my rear exhaust. I did however put the SRT diffuser panel up to the bottom of the car and it WILL fit. The panel is made out of a type of carbon fiber but is somewhat flexible. After actually mocking the piece up to the rear of the car, I think it might work better to slightly modify and put on the inside of the rear bumper and re-attach the fins from the outside. That way you wouldn't see the edges (CF panel doesn't flex that much) and the exhaust hole would be covered.

Putting the panel on the inside kind of negates the point of it doesn't it? Except for the fact you have now have a piece of something covering the hole from the inside. Which at that point could be any material as it is not seen.

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Home_finally_014.jpg

More pics?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Putting the panel on the inside kind of negates the point of it doesn't it? Except for the fact you have now have a piece of something covering the hole from the inside. Which at that point could be any material as it is not seen.

Yes, That is correct...:dunno:

I tried multiple different combinations. The black cf diffuser panel just doesn't conform very well to the contours of the rear lower bumper panel. Especially on the outside...

Dave, Here's your first customer....

BLUVENM97... Have you seen Dave's rear diffuser?

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xvipers sells the SRT OEM diffuser as well as the individual blades...I've been curious about these myself for my RT/10 but only after the Mopar rear spoiler goes on. I think the blades would look odd on an RT/10's rear end without some type of spolier to beef it up a bit back there.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been curious about these myself for my RT/10 but only after the Mopar rear spoiler goes on. I think the blades would look odd on an RT/10's rear end without some type of spolier to beef it up a bit back there.

It is all about balance Tony. Take for instance white hood vents and white stripes. One without the other would probably...

:D

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Xvipers sells the SRT OEM diffuser as well as the individual blades...I've been curious about these myself for my RT/10 but only after the Mopar rear spoiler goes on. I think the blades would look odd on an RT/10's rear end without some type of spolier to beef it up a bit back there.

I got 2 diffuser panels with diffuser fins from Mike at Xvipers. He also has the blades only in both black and stainless.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine looks fine without a wing or spoiler. Actually I think it evens out the back side.

I think they look fine in your RT/10 but it's a dark color and the blades blend in well. On my Yellow RT/10, not sure how the dark blades would look...hmm.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think they look fine in your RT/10 but it's a dark color and the blades blend in well. On my Yellow RT/10, not sure how the dark blades would look...hmm.

I think you nailed it Tony. Car color matters. Blade color matters. When I had my rear diffuser on my car prior to black powder coating, I was thinking about how much time and money I had just wasted building it. But when it went back on in black...? Bingo. Problem solved.

The weather is perfect here. I think I'm gonna go get a sixer.

:tx: :beer: :tx:

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've got black stripes. Granted the don't go all the way under the car, the blades should still blend in nicely. Black works on the bottom of every car. Even a blue/white GTS.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made my stripes go all the way under past the exhaust opening. OK, I'm convinced...I'll slap some on soon.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made my stripes go all the way under past the exhaust opening. OK, I'm convinced...I'll slap some on soon.

Tony... Go to the craft store and get some black matte board. Cut some blades out and use double sticky tape to mount them. Because if you don't like them you now DO NOT have holes in your rear bumper cover that have nothing in them.

I do not agree that one size fits all here when it comes to color/car/color/stripes/etc.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony... Go to the craft store and get some black matte board. Cut some blades out and use double sticky tape to mount them. Because if you don't like them you now DO NOT have holes in your rear bumper cover that have nothing in them.

I do not agree that one size fits all here when it comes to color/car/color/stripes/etc.

I agree and thanks for the advice. Funny you mention black board...my daughter has some. I'm sure she won't mind lending me a piece or two. Even though I have the black stripes going through the area I have a feeling the diffusers are going to contrast too much with the yellow. I'll see if I can make an SRT style diffuser plate as well and see if that may look better. I'll report back in a few days.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: I took Dave's advice and mocked up a rear diffuser blades using some black matte board (thanks Dave). I liked the look of the diffuser blades and was going to fabricate some out of aluminum when I came across an SRT diffuser panel with blades already attached for $100. I like the idea of the panel in addition to the blades and figured, at the very least, I can use this piece to take measurements and create templates.

I'm going to test fit the panel below to my bumper. Supposedly, these will fit on GenII's but I think my belanger exhaust, namely the rear mufflers, are going to get in the way of this diffuser. We shall see. Has anyone actually installed this on their GenII? What pitfalls/tricks did you come across? I will post pics of test fit later this week.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen.1 bumper WILL NOT fit the GTS fenders, tried that, failed. :mad: Filled the hole with thin aluminum panel riveted to the bumper then filled and painted.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen.1 bumper WILL NOT fit the GTS fenders, tried that, failed. :mad: Filled the hole with thin aluminum panel riveted to the bumper then filled and painted.

The question was will an SRT rear diffuser panel, pictured, fit under a GenII bumper cover?