Has anyone put an SRT-10 rear diffuser on GTS?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you have done this then? Any pics of what it looked like installed?

No, I have not but I do work on alot of gen.1&2's and gen.3's. Currently fixing bent difuser blades for an '03. Had my car, (gen.1) up on lift and put the panel w/ the blades up there and it doesn't conform to the "round" shape of the gen. 1 bumper cover. The edges of the blade panel would not "flush up" clean enuff to look decent, especially for the picky Viper crowd.:D
I think the only way to do it right is to fill the void and repaint bumper cover, then attach blades with rivets.:2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at this diffuser, the rivets that hold the blades protrude about a 1/4" (maybe more) though the underside. I don't see how it can sit flush up against the rear bumper cover with those rivets digging into the paint. Eh...I have it, I'll try it. I'm bored anyway. :) Oh...I should add that I'm not covering up the rear exhaust area or switching to a side exhaust. Rather, trying to fit this around the existing exhaust cutout. I know that this diffuser will not cover the opening, that would be preferred.

Last edited:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at this diffuser, the rivets that hold the blades protrude about a 1/4" (maybe more) though the underside. I don't see how it can sit flush up against the rear bumper cover with those rivets digging into the paint. Eh...I have it, I'll try it. I'm bored anyway. :) Oh...I should add that I'm not covering up the rear exhaust area or switching to a side exhaust. Rather, trying to fit this around the existing exhaust cutout. I know that this diffuser will not cover the opening, that would be preferred.

Drill the rivets out and rivet them to your bumper cover. Don't use the filler piece from the blades.:2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the entire diffuser panel up to the back. The small flares at each end of the SRT panel are a problem. The SRT panel is little too rigid to conform to the rear panel curve...

However, I do want to say that I did not spend a lot of time trying to use the entire panel as I wanted to keep my rear exhaust.

VIPERTONY... If I remember correctly it isn't that far off. I was going to remove the small flares on the endof the panel and modify the edges Hoping that the panel would sit more against the flatter bottom.

Good Luck Tony

:eater:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: I took Dave's advice and mocked up a rear diffuser blades using some black matte board (thanks Dave). I liked the look of the diffuser blades and was going to fabricate some out of aluminum when I came across an SRT diffuser panel with blades already attached for $100. I like the idea of the panel in addition to the blades and figured, at the very least, I can use this piece to take measurements and create templates.

I'm going to test fit the panel below to my bumper. Supposedly, these will fit on GenII's but I think my belanger exhaust, namely the rear mufflers, are going to get in the way of this diffuser. We shall see. Has anyone actually installed this on their GenII? What pitfalls/tricks did you come across? I will post pics of test fit later this week.

Take the diffuser fins off and rivet them to the back.
Take the leftover diffuser panel, turn it around and mount it under the front fascia.
Now you have a C/F front splitter....

;):rolaugh:;)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At what point do you say that modifying the SRT panel is more work than making one designed to fit the Gen 2.

You guys are killing me...I haven't taken it out the shipping box yet and after reading the replies I already want to put back on ebay. :rolaugh: But being a glutton for punishment I will try to test fit this anyway just to annoy treesnake. :)

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
splitter.jpg

[/quote]

Must be a late April fools joke... :lmao:

:usa:

I was joking... ;)

But, you can see the similarity in shape....

I thought about using the panel as the base shape and build from there.
I soon came to the same conclusion as DAVE6666 mentioned, at what point do you stop..

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are killing me...I haven't taken it out the shipping box yet and after reading the replies I already want to put back on ebay. :rolaugh: But being a glutton for punishment I will try to test fit this anyway just to annoy treesnake. :)

:nono::nono:

Bad Moderator...:lmao::rolaugh::lmao:

Actually Tony, I would like to see it done. You have me thinking about it again.

I was going to cut the panel in two and overlap in the center to get the correct width.

Several, options possible...

Good luck

:eater::eater::eater:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nono::nono:

Bad Moderator...:lmao::rolaugh::lmao:

Actually Tony, I would like to see it done. You have me thinking about it again.

I was going to cut the panel in two and overlap in the center to get the correct width.

Several, options possible...

Good luck

:eater::eater::eater:

Hey, I just remembered that this diffuser/panel combo is advertised as "works great on GTS and RT/10" on a certain somebody's website. :eater: