Has the VCA made a difference in your ownership experience?

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a member since I bought my 2000GTS about two years ago. Until that time I had never owned a car that was anymore than a "car".

It occurred to me that the VCA is in part responsible for my continued ownership. Specifically, when the economy went to crap like a lot of people did I considered selling the Viper.

Looking back, I think one of the reasons I didn't wasn't so much because I couldn't replace the car (which is just a function of money)... but because I couldn't replace the friendships, comraderie, and fun with fellow club members at local events and track days (to include Viper Days events)

What difference has the VCA made to you? Has anyone actually bought a Viper due to club support or activities? Anyone sold a non Viper for that reason? (I sold my 54 Corvette)

I guess I am surprised at how much difference the events, the board, and the members have made in the enjoyment of the Viper compared to other cars and other clubs.

Jeff

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolutely! We have met some great people in the club over the years that we now consider our closest friends. I too over the last few years had tampered with the idea of selling the car in this economy. I just won't do it. The car and the friendships we've made thru it are invaluable.

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA is a great organization. I live on the edge of civilization, well the edge of this continent anyway!! It is great to get advice and stories from so many people all over the country. It is a lot like the Harley-Owners-Group or "HOG" as it is most commonly known. The stated goals of HOG is to "Ride & Have Fun". I guess the goals of the VCA should be similar "Drive & Have Fun". HOG has nearly a million members the VCA is a much smaller group which makes it all the better!! I think one of the best things about the VCA is this site!! Thanks!!

HOGDEALER

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW is that a statement!

I would have to agree with all of those points and add that in general most of relationships formed through the VCA are what has made my ownership experience complete. So before somene else does this, VCA you complete me! LOL

I know I would have never rid myself of a Viper, but I also know that I would never have enjoyed this unique experice like I have without the VCA.

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just faxed my payment info. to the VCA this past Monday.

It seems like the VCA is composed of a great group of people who share a common passion. That and I can always learn some tips from Chuck on the ladies :)

John

MHQC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is one of the reasons why I am purchasing one in the next 2 months. The people on this board share the same interests. I think that any new viper owners have surfed this board, and then feel good when they go ahead and make the purchase. Why? Because they know they can turn to the board for whatever reason. I have been doing it for almost 2 years, and have started posting just lately.

I will join the VCA the day I buy the viper. I figure I owe my dues to a board that has taught me more about the viper than any textbook or magazine can.

Michael

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hell YES!

The one of one raffles rock!

The site info is priceless!!!

And the only regret that I have is not making the last VOI :(
I hope to make the next one.

well worth the $100 membership!

JIM :)

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I joined just a week ago, mailed my $100 in! Waiting for membership info.

GTSTF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
of all the cars i have owned, i have never felt more of a "kinship" than i have with fellow Viper owners. i went to VOI in Nashville, knowing absolutely no one, and never felt more welcome or "one" with any other club. i eagerly look forward to any and every upcoming VCA event and it's because of the friendliness of everyone involved.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How to I post one of those big Thumbs Up? :D

The Club has been one of the greatest parts of owning a viper.

The VCA is a great organization. I live on the edge of civilization, well the edge of this continent anyway!! It is great to get advice and stories from so many people all over the country. It is a lot like the Harley-Owners-Group or "HOG" as it is most commonly known. The stated goals of HOG is to "Ride & Have Fun". I guess the goals of the VCA should be similar "Drive & Have Fun". HOG has nearly a million members the VCA is a much smaller group which makes it all the better!! I think one of the best things about the VCA is this site!! Thanks!!

HOGDEALER

Hog,
You have to come to town and join us this year on some of the events. I still haven't seen two FE's in one spot yet. The OR and WA club have a bunch of great things planned for this year.

If you can, try and make it to one of the meetings.

Cody

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned & own a number of high end automobiles. I have also served on the board of many different marque clubs. BUT I have never been treated like I have when I bought my Viper. The dealership, D/C, & the VCA all made this the best ownership experiance I have ever had.In fact just telling others about it, I have sold many a Viper. I was teaching a course @ Road Atlanta for another manufact. last year & I drove the Viper to work. Of course, everyone was asking me about it & it generated quite a buzz. The next day, I get a call from a race team that heard about my raves and they were interested in a Comp Coupe. Needless to say they put a deposit on one that day. They said they were dealing with chevy & porsche & couldnt believe the support D/C gave us. That was their deciding factor to go with the Viper.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn't for the club I would never get a chance to speak with or meet fellow Viper owners. Just a trade off for living in MS.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's see,

this forum
the magazine
discounts
VOI
raffles
Shows
Tech sessions
Friends
Information
Shopping (clothes,collectibles,etc)
Advice
Parts access
much more...

Hmmm, No hasn't made any difference to me. (LOL!!)

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been pretty good but for excessive board moderation and that dude Jeff with the 2000 Red & Silver Stripes Viper that lives ~20 minutes from me - LOL!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, it is funny you should mention it. I sought out the VCA web site before I ever made my purchase. The day I put down my deposit on my GTS I began searching for the local VCA chapter. Since then I have grown to really enjoy the camaraderie of all the VCA members, both locally and nationally. Rarely pretentious and always fun to be around, this is the best ownership group of any marquee I have ever been associated with.

Ironically, this has been a pretty tough year for us financially. Scratch that - abysmal. My wife, who is definitely the more frugal of the two of us (is that a gender thing?), INSISTED that whatever we sacrifice that the Viper be the very last on the list. Why? She really enjoys the Viper Club and all that it has to offer. Oh, she likes the car just fine, but without the VCA there would be no Viper for us. Period.

Has the VCA made a difference in my ownership experience? More than that, it has made me an owner.

Chris

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a member and officer of many different car clubs and, quite frankly, they're all a lot of fun. So, the VCA is not much different in that respect.

What makes the VCA really unique is the relationship with DC. Think Chevy or Ford will build a Comp Coupe for their guys? Think they'll send a support staff to the track to see how things are going? Sure, the Porsche Cup and Ferrari Challenge guys get that, but at what price? Nothing comes close to the support we get compared to the price of entry. Makes you feel like DC really appreciates your $70k.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This club is excellent and I love it. This website is like a second home to me or maybe third. :p :D I love this club because it is just so much fun. You get to learn a lot from each other and you get to meet so many great people. With this club you are definitely not a lot and on this site you can get ANY question that you have answered.

THANX EVERYONE!

KEITH

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is really gonna sound stupid....Owning a Viper is more that just the car, and I have owned countless other cars, including about 30 Vettes. Viper is a way of life, part of which is the over the top camraderie of the owners...can you guys even imagine not stopping, no matter what else was going on in your life, if you saw a snake and owner stranded on the side of the road?? What about the rock star aspect, ain't it great when you're out with your buddy in his 911 or your other buddy in his Testarossa and you stop and everybody treats their cars like they were a Honda? PRICELESS! Another part of it is how well DC deals with us...not just VOI, but the total access they allow us if there is a problem...(this assumes you are smart enough to use the VCA channels) Example the guy recently who had the SRT10 that that was about to be lost to the crass commercial desires of the dealer. The VCA stepped up to that and I will always believe DC did also. I have talked to countless guys who say they had questions or comments and got responses direct from DC and now even PVO. I lived in the Detroit area for a bunch of years and because of proximity to neighbors wound up being close buddies with a bunch of Chevy engineers and thus I enjoyed some remarkable experiences being around Duntov and Larry Shinoda. The great thing about DC is they seem to be coming to US, regardless where we live and seem to have the idea that there is value in rubbing elbows with the Viper owner, that too is beyond priceless for a car nut like me. And 99% of that relationship is due a small bunch of officers who have worked endless hours over the last 10 years to develop that relationship that the VCA now enjoys.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Up until about a year ago Viper ownership was completely out of the question for my $10/hr sorry butt. When I found the board I started to listen to all these guys and gals talk about things I enjoyed and could relate to. It then became obvious that not only did I want one, but I could live with one as well. Kinda like the cake and eating it too thing.

But I'll go one step beyond that. All things considered I'd say it would have been close to impossible for me to even GET my baby if it weren't for this club and the friends I made in it.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a word, YES!

How else would I have learned about all the mods I need to do. And how else would I learn how to fix things that are "funny" about the car. and how else would I have known that the power window buttons are from a dodge van. and how else would I have met some awesome folk who share the same interests as I. and how else could I have learned how easy it is to keep DLM, Partsrack, and MGW in business? And how else could I have learned about certain GA counties having "no chase" laws. And how could I...

JD

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote: .. I have learned about certain GA counties having "no chase" laws.

What about Hazard county? Are you saying that the 'Dukes of Hazard' wasn't real? :eek: Can't you just see a remake with Roscoe and Cleatus chasing an orange GTS with a confederate flag on the roof? Well, maybe not. Is this a great club or what?

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently joined the Michigan chapter of the VCA. Just received my member ship cards last Saturday. The VCA website has provided valuable information on any topic regarding viper ownership, maintenance, etc. Advise and actual experience is readily available on this site from the "experts".....Viper Owners!

We are looking forward to attending the local VCA events to meet other Viper owners and to view their cars. I can't think of a better way to learn about modifications, experiences and ownership tips than from fellow Viper owners. KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB on the VCA website!! :usa:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's surely more than a club..... it's a family! Travel anywhere in America..... and most anywhere in the world, and have "cousins" that will absolutely go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your trip!

Thank You Dodge, Viper HQ, and all my fellow members and officers (both past and present) that make this club "home"!

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the VCA ....IS GREAT!!!

Really Think about it.

You get great comaderie.
Meet friends and passionate Viper drivers
Vipers make your wife nuts....(like she wasn't before?)
Keeps you thinking about Vipers 24/7
Makes you go from just a average car enthusiast to a VIPER NUT
Great help on this board
Local events.
You have Viper Days

It S**ks though.....because my wife wont let me get a 3rd Viper.....LOL
DOES IT GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS???

OP
OP
N

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People with as few as 5 to as many as 2092 posts agree.

If you want to make a friend and know someone who owns a Viper but isn't a VCA member yet think about paying for their first year. The more of us that participate the better off we all are.

At the very least buy them a beer and tell them why it's great. With gas prices where they are a full years membership costs less than just a few tanks of gas!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
booth