Have To Sell My Perfect Viper, Which I Just Bought!

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fellas and ladies,

It looks like I'll have to sell my Viper! There is an investment opportunity that I shouldn't pass on.

I am still in the excitement phase about the car, and this is really really disappointing! I looked for a long time to find an unmolested white commemorative edition. I don't think I'll be able to afford another Viper for years to come and bet I'll struggle to find a car like this if I was to have the cash. Guess what they say is true, don't really realize what you have until it's gone! I am really feeling it now that I know it has to go.

Who's had to sell their Viper to go another way with the cash?

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i came very close to selling mine to start a business but couldn't agree on a lease deal.

now that i spent so much and still spending, it will hurt very bad when i had to get rid of it.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a first believe that one has to do what they have to do.

If the deal is really that good, and that proven; then go with it and when the dividends from the investment come due, you should be able to get another Viper.

On the other hand, do remember that we only live once and if you were to pass on tomorrow, did you have the chance to play and enjoy a bit of the fruits of your labors? Is the investment THAT worth it?

Its a fine line and only you can answer that question.

TheOldViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is too bad, but the good news is that the only way I'm going to get my Viper away from son is to buy him one. What's the asking price for your baby?
BillyC

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is perfect, I'll eat dirt before letting it go
Fellas and ladies,

It looks like I'll have to sell my Viper! There is an investment opportunity that I shouldn't pass on.

I am still in the excitement phase about the car, and this is really really disappointing! I looked for a long time to find an unmolested white commemorative edition. I don't think I'll be able to afford another Viper for years to come and bet I'll struggle to find a car like this if I was to have the cash. Guess what they say is true, don't really realize what you have until it's gone! I am really feeling it now that I know it has to go.

Who's had to sell their Viper to go another way with the cash?

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are gonna sell your new baby. But ive done the very same thing your doing and completely understand your reason. Best of luck

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made the decision to pass purchase my first Viper back in 2011. Few reasons, I didn't like the way the dealer was handling things and I had the opportunity to get into an investment. 10 months later I had made my investment, it was cashflowing and I ended up buying my first Viper for a LOT less than I had planned on spending.

IMO if you are confident in the investment go for it.

Last edited:

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you gotta do what you gotta do..... I have had to sell a viper ot two over the years to work through sitiuations...its painfull but it ended up being the right thing to do and I eventually get back and into a Viper.....its in our Bood.....youll find a way to get back.
Good Luck buddy..I know how hard you looked for the right car..and what your going through.......you'll be back:2tu:

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had 2 vipers luckily and i recently sold one to buy a house.

i had to choose between selling my CE viper #16 which i had just purchased a few months prior or sell my first viper which was a 96' B/W GTS Supercharged. i went with selling the GTS becuase there is something about my CE that i can't get over. maybe the fact that i live in san diego and i can drive a convertible year round... i dunno. lol

do what ya gotta do man. CE are very hard to find and come by. mostly why i chose to sell the GTS.

RogerDodger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really depends on the investment opportunity. You have to weigh what you are investing, versus the expected return and how guaranteed the return is.

If the investment is really that good ........... keep your Viper, clue me in on the investment and we both win. :)

Seriously though, good luck with your decision.

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sold my perfect '02 GTS last year while building a new home (had my current home and vacation home for sale - didn't look like either would sell). Of course I sold the Viper and 2 months later sold both homes to coincide with the closing of our new home. I was slightly bummed, but now that I'm back to a single home and some time has passed, I'm back on the prowl for a Gen 3 or 4 when the weather breaks so it all worked out just fine.
Good luck on the sale and the investment... You'll be back :)
John

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes you do what you have to do. As long as you have a good exit plan. It s not easy out there Mr Obama made sure of that.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have sold Vipers twice because of financial reasons. Both times the crunch turned out not as bad as anticipated and both times I REALLY regretted selling the Vipers. Wish I had either car back. I loved those cars.

TonyCool

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would sell my body to pleasure extremely hot women before selling my viper :drive:. Actually I would do this while I keep my viper... Does anyone know of a way I can do this? :rolaugh:

Buying a car like this makes financial sense to very few people. Money isn't everything and life is too short. Investment opportunities come and go and most are never guaranteed. Think twice and thoroughly about what you are doing. If it turns out this is the right move for you then go for it, you will be back. If not buckle up and enjoy the ride!

If you care to share the investment opportunity send me a PM.

Last edited:

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a first believe that one has to do what they have to do.

If the deal is really that good, and that proven; then go with it and when the dividends from the investment come due, you should be able to get another Viper.

On the other hand, do remember that we only live once and if you were to pass on tomorrow, did you have the chance to play and enjoy a bit of the fruits of your labors? Is the investment THAT worth it?

Its a fine line and only you can answer that question.

Robert, I was about to post something to this affect, and you beat me to it. It is a VERY fine line.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
IDM-
Is that the CE that only had 300 or so miles on it when you got it? If so, I saw you at Sebring with it running it on the track shortly after you got it. Good luck--Dave

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IDM-
Is that the CE that only had 300 or so miles on it when you got it? If so, I saw you at Sebring with it running it on the track shortly after you got it. Good luck--Dave

Hi Dave,

Mine had 6,800 miles on it when I got it recently, and is still under factory warranty because it was not registered/driven until 2010! Have the 3 yr/36k mile thing going until July.
I have never tracked it, been over 100mph only once. I don't have the desire to drive this car fast, its a pleasure just owning it and keeping it in the condition it deserves. Whatever happens, life is good thanks for all of your advice fellas! Hope this makes everyone realize what they've really got.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang