Havent drove the beast in a year

surfsnake97

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I havent had time in about a year to drive my viper or at least start it. Do to family health problems and trying to run a almost 24/7 family buisness. So I finaly have some time and decided to start her up and take her out of the garage. I know I need to replace the battery which I bought a new delco one. What are some suggestions what I should do before the intial start up?

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Change the oil, check coolant, brake fluid ect. Then just let it warm up drive it easy for about 25miles....then carry on as normal.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully you had a battery tender on it while it was hibernating. Hopefully your battery held up. Check the exaust tips for any signs of critter nests. When I started my RT/10 this spring I found a dead field mouse in the driveway about 15 feet from the back of the Viper. I'm fairly certain it was shot out of the exhaust.

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The best suggestion is next time don't wait so long to take the beast out! Just going into your garage and starting it up once a week would have been a 3 min time frame and well worth it. I understand that you were extremely busy, and I'm not giving you the rash about it, just being a little vocal that's all.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302