HEADER SCAM ...DEAL OF A LIFETIME

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HEY GUYS CAN YOU SPELL SCAM??? ...I just got off the phone with Lou Belanger himself...He knows NOTHING of this deal and would never offer a 10 set header deal @ $1480 each...He doesn't even know of these individuals and has nothing to do with them...and would never offer those prices...it is a SCAM, I just also had a conference call with Jon B from Parts Rack, "with" Lou Belanger, it is a SCAM all the way!!! Belanger has also recieved counterfit headers (with the Belanger tag) sent to them, for coating repairs and weld repairs , that are NOT his Belanger headers at all!!! Do not give anyone your credit card or money info on this scam!!! I HATE SCAM ARTISTS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If anyone does NOT BELIEVE me...Call Lou Belanger ....... John B @ Parts Rack......and Bill Pemberton...

ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!

SCAM

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with them Myself! they assured me this was a scam!

Bellanger is a big supporter of the V-10 Nationals and he told me this was a Scam.

This is sad that people do these things

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with them Myself! they assured me this was a scam!

Bellanger is a big supporter of the V-10 Nationals and he told me this was a Scam.

This is sad that people do these things

Thanks! (Dr. Roof) David :usa:

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As you guys know, I did not take any info or money being sent. All I asked for in the email was you name and number and will contact you when I get to 10. If it is a scam I have no idea. As I mentioned to 2BAD4U, if it is scam, I would like to know. And this is news to me. As you also can tell, I put a post on the other thread mentioning everyone to hold up until I make some calls. I tried to call RMS but keep getting voice mail. I will appologize now if it was. I was just trying to help everyone get a deal.

My question is why a company like RMS would have such a scam. Are they not really Belanger headers? Please let everyone know so that we can keep an eye out for these things.

I will continue to contact the person at RMS and get a clarification amd post what I find out.
Thanks

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
2BAD4U...I don't appreciate that you make assumptions about me. Ask anyone if I ever asked for money! And please don't make threats.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think they might be selling them just over their cost? I mean, most shops drop ship from the manufacturer. Just because Bellanger doesn't know about it doesn't automatically make it a scam, does it?

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2BAD4U...I don't appreciate that you make assumptions about me. Ask anyone if I ever asked for money! And please don't make threats.

hey viper23 why don't "you" call Lou Belanger himself??

So , I call Scott in Co(viper23 friend)....redline motorsports...he says to give my info and credit card to Viper 23...who has no name, who just wants to PM everybody.... I am just about to pm viper23 with my credit card info as requested, and the phone rings,

Why it is my big brother Bill Pemberton...to state me all the facts about this scam

God Bless You Bill Pemberton!!!!!!!

Dave

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke to a distributor for Bellanger, their cost is OVER this price. So they would have to be selling them all for a loss. I would hold out, and wait for the real details to emerge.

Jon

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to Bellanger personally He said any Questions call him! this vendor is not selling or authorized to sale them.

LoU Belanger told me they are not his headers! Please be careful!!!

SCAM!!!!!!!

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score

hey pal why don't you call Lou Belanger himself?????????????

Like I said. I thank you for finding this out if it were true. It will save me some money. What I don't appreciate is that you assume that I am, me personally, trying to scam people. Did I ever ask you for money? No i did not. And I have all the emails that I sent to everyone and never did I ask for CC # or any other info exept name and number. I will get to the bottom of this.

I will say this again, I do appreciate what you did and what you found out. I just don't appreciate that you assume that I did with malicious intent and started making threats. If it is a scam I am sure to relay all the info I have to everyone.

I will make calls and will post what I find.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know we all want to get more bang for our buck but I have to agree with concensus that we should support the vca vendors who always go out of their way to give us quality products , special offers and most important class A service and support...I'd go with Jon B anyday over this guy!

Just my 2c

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 2BAD4U says,
"I am just about to pm viper23 with my credit card info as requested, and the phone rings"

Viper23 says,
"Did I ever ask you for money? No i did not."

I guess the question would be,
did Viper23 ask for anyones credit card info or not?

Yes or No?

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh...here it is...if there is a way to check my messages to everyone here and the other site you guys will find out that I have never once said anything about CC# or money or anything. I have *** that replied to my PM and I never asked for CC3 or money.

2BAD4U...I do appreciate you finding this out. But please don't lie and say that I asked for your cc#, cause we both know I did not.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 2BAD4U says,
"I am just about to pm viper23 with my credit card info as requested, and the phone rings"

Viper23 says,

Yes or No?

Joe, in 2BADD4U's posts he states that after speaking with Redline, they told him to give his CC info to Viper23.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey viper23 why don't "you" call Lou Belanger himself??

So , I call Scott in Co(viper23 friend)....redline motorsports...he says to give my info and credit card to Viper 23... who has no name, who just wants to PM everybody.... I am just about to pm viper23 with my credit card info as requested, and the phone rings,

Why it is my big brother Bill Pemberton...to state me all the facts about this scam

God Bless You Bill Pemberton!!!!!!!

Dave

"So , I call Scott in Co(viper23 friend)....redline motorsports... he says to give my info and credit card to Viper 23..."

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, he says he didn't ask for anyone's cc info.
Did he collect anyone's cc info at the request of Redline?

At this point all I know for sure is that viper23 was involved in a scam attempt.
I don't yet know if he was an insider or not. He says no.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So 2BAD4U says,

Viper23 says,

Yes or No?

Joe, in 2BADD4U's posts he states that after speaking with Redline, they told him to give his CC info to Viper23.

I have no idea what who said what...only what I wrote and said. So I can't vouch for someone else. I also don't know why he he would say give the CC# to me. I got about 60-70PMs total and I repleid to all of them and never did I ask for a CC#. I don't know this Scott person personally. I went onto google and put in "Dodge Viper" "B&B headers" and they are the only ones that showed up, so that is how I got their website.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ANYONE who's Profile doesn't have a legitimate e-mail address is HIDING SOMETHING (or they like privacy).

Anyone who is trying to perform any form of commerce transaction, and denies they're hiding is just lying, plain and simple. (Privacy doesn't come in to play when you're in commerce.)

Viper23 - I'm not saying you're trying to scam us, but the covertness is quite suspicious, causing immediate assumptions from us (being there is so much Internet scamming these days). If you're going to do a "deal", at least use a REAL e-mail address NOT P.M.

Lastly, glad to see the blame put on RMS... bullet dodged (no pun intended).

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ANYONE who's Profile doesn't have a legitimate e-mail address is HIDING SOMETHING (or they like privacy).

Anyone who is trying to perform any form of commerce transaction, denies they're hiding is just lying, plain and simple. (Privacy doesn't come in to play when you're in commerce.)

Viper23 - I'm not saying you're trying to scam us, but the covertness is quite suspicious, causing immediate assumptions from us (being there is so much Internet scamming these days). If you're going to do a "deal", at least use a REAL e-mail address NOT P.M.

Lastly, glad to see the blame put on RMS... bullet dodged (no pun intended).

I thought it would be easier to have people PM me. I actually used my work email address for a few people because the rather have me email them. I used my work and hotmail account with some of those who wanted me to email them and I know those of whom that I sent emails with my work and personal account and attest for that. So I was not trying to hide anything, I just thought it was much more simple to PM people.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with Lou Belanger and he said one would be surprised at how often and how many Vendors copy his design and sell it with his name on it. He said there is no way for him to stop these Vendors and many people looking for his headers get taken everyday. Whether it is a Viper, Vette or muscle car, it happens daily.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I MUST SAY...

Viper23 is the FIRST GUY I've EVER SEEN who was accused of a questionable deal and stuck around to explain himself - to the end.

That must stand for something. I'm voting that when he realized the "deal" was too good to be true, he was man enough to stand there and take the heat.

As for when did Viper23 figure out they were knock-off headers? Who really knows. ...even if someone had collected 9 CC#'s, RMS would be the one charging the cards... if you got Banglers instead of Belangers, just call the CC company and reverse the charge. (Sure it's a hassle, but Viper23's not going to be running away with anyone's money on CC sales.)

OP
OP

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh...here it is...if there is a way to check my messages to everyone here and the other site you guys will find out that I have never once said anything about CC# or money or anything. I have *** that replied to my PM and I never asked for CC3 or money.

2BAD4U...I do appreciate you finding this out. But please don't lie and say that I asked for your cc#, cause we both know I did not.

hey viper 23...maybe you should slow down and read the posts more clearly.....I stated that while I was speaking to scott@ redline,in Co. for 10 minutes, he told me to pm "you"(viper23) with my info, and payment in credit card form , and said to add approx. 75 to 100 dollars for shipping.......I guess he was not too "sure" on shipping....duh

I "never" stated you asked me for any money or cc#,( WHICH YOU NEVER DID) and give up already with this threats and petty bs accusations........ Chill out ....I did you a BIG favor if you are trully 100% innocent.

And where do you see that "I accused you"...you are our only connection with this...chill out.......My SCAM post never states your name.

The truth will come out.....

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to say that if he were a real scammer he wouldn't have anything to gain from hanging around telling us what he has said in his defense.

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score

hey viper 23...maybe you should slow down and read the posts more clearly.....I stated that while I was speaking to scott@ redline,in Co. for 10 minutes, he told me to pm "you"(viper23) with my info, and payment in credit card form , and said to add approx. 75 to 100 dollars for shipping.......I guess he was not too "sure" on shipping....duh

I never stated you asked me for any money or cc#, and give up already with this threats and petty bs accusations........ Chill out ....I did you a BIG favor if you are trully 100% innocent.

The truth will come out.....

Like I said before 2BADD4U and I can't say this enough. I am VERY appreciative of you being on top of this. Cause this saved me money as well. I just don't want people here or anywhere else to think that I did this to make money off of you guys.

I will apologize again for this. And if there is a way anyone can check what I have said (PM) or done with this "deal" they will know that I thought I was doing everyone a favor.

Again. I am sorry for any stress of inconvience this might have caused anyone and for wasting everyones' time.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh...here it is....while I was speaking to scott@ redline,in Co. for 10 minutes, he told me to pm "you"(viper23) with my info, and payment in credit card form , and said to add approx. 75 to 100 dollars for shipping.......I guess he was not too "sure" on shipping....duh

S/H on Belangers is $32 - $55 USA.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, if it does nothing else, this thread explains why you see all the various spellings for Belanger. Some people are ACTUALLY buying Balanger headers and others are buying Bellanger headers and..... :rolleyes:

I also support the notion that as a small community, we are not doing ourselves a service by trying to circumvent the few companies like PartsRack, Roe and BTR that do a good job of supporting us and our Vipers to save a couple of $.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what who said what...only what I wrote and said. So I can't vouch for someone else. I also don't know why he he would say give the CC# to me. I got about 60-70PMs total and I repleid to all of them and never did I ask for a CC#. I don't know this Scott person personally. I went onto google and put in "Dodge Viper" "B&B headers" and they are the only ones that showed up, so that is how I got their website.

[/QUOTE]

A) Google "B+B Headers and Dodge Viper" and somehow came up with Belangers?!
Google is busted!

B) "Don't attribute to malice what can be explained by [naivete or] stupidity"

C) 70 *** resulting in 50% buying = $51,800 for someone, up front. Some were vendors wanting to buy below cost? Many people have been killed for way less.

D) If there are really 60+ folks that want Belanger Gen1-2 1.75" fully coated, SS-bolted, cat-turnouts, 3" WITH 2 HF cats, delivered to your door, no tax, under $2000, please email me. No fakes. Warrateed. Contingency $$ at the drags. We even help pay for this site. My sincere thanks...

YES, I am taking advantage of this situation I guess. But 70+ mesages to an unknown with no name or address? I WANT IN !