Headers Installation and Flanges ?

Atppilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installing my new M&M headers this weekend and curios on who has had long term success using just copper silicone on the flanges. I saw the write-up in the "illustrated Upgrade" section about using copper gaskets, but I don't want to be continually fighting leaks. Anybody have input or suggestions?

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installing my new M&M headers this weekend and curios on who has had long term success using just copper silicone on the flanges. I saw the write-up in the "illustrated Upgrade" section about using copper gaskets, but I don't want to be continually fighting leaks. Anybody have input or suggestions?

I don't think you need anything for the flanges and just reuse your oem gasket for the head to block portion. I didn't use any flange sealant and mine have not leaked. Over a year installed already.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you need anything for the flanges and just reuse your oem gasket for the head to block portion. I didn't use any flange sealant and mine have not leaked. Over a year installed already.

Yep! The flanges on the M&M's don't have any warping or out of square issues. At least I haven't heard of any cases and I know mine didn't. I didn't re-use my stock gaskets just because of the pain the ass it is to get the headers on. I bought a new set of OEM gaskets and used those. From everything I've read, the OEM's actually seem to be the best gaskets out there.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After several years I have *ZERO* leaks with the copper gaskets specified in that write up. Using silicone will give you leaks and one hell of a mess to boot. The acid used to cure the RTV may also do some metal damage.

As specified in the write-up I torqued everything to spec and used lock tite and/or lock washers where applicable. Guaranteed those soft copper gaskets will not leak. I even have a set of them on my 2004 SRT10 RAM and those long tubes have been on there since 2004. ZERO leaks.

--FQB

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang