Headlight Scratches

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didnt realize that my headlights were so scratched up until I parked next to another GTS that has only 2400 miles on it. (I'm up to 15,000) They are not terrible, but their not perfect. (You know what I mean). Is there a way to repair or polish them out? Because their not bad enough to warrant buying all new headlights at about $500 a pop, I'm told. Once I get them repaired or replaced I will use the clear covers, but its too late now. Thanks

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy the headlight repair kit from Maxwell Dodge here in Austin and fix them yourself. Call (512)219-3634 and ask for Nate in parts.

OP
OP
D

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! Have any of you used the products on your car, or other application. If so did it work like it said? Thanks :)

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car had the same issue and I tried polishing them with a compound and a buffer - I found it next to impossible, the material is like stone. However, if you use 400 grit wet sand paper, then, buff them out with a polishing compound you can get them like new. The key is to get off the factory coating that protects the lenses.

Now you can put on the lens guards and they really do look like showroom. I bought the guards from Graiot's Garage. One hint, use a two inch masking tape guard the paint when you are sanding and polishing.

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just replaced my left headlight with a brand new one from the dealer, was not cheap. The scratches were killing me.