Heads up in work zones

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Didn't know exactly were to post this but there is a thread going on about floor covering so I guess this will be as good a place as any. More than anything is just to make those that don't know aware of yet another attempt to capitalize on us tax paying citizens as opposed to putting an effort into actually preventing and stopping actual crime.

No, its not political.....its very car related.

This just came across my desk. Check it out. I didn't want to paste the whole article on here since its pretty long.

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/20850598/876711377/name/tickets.pdf

I had no idea this was going on. I live in a very rural area and don't get to travel as much as I would like but if this is going on around the country, its pretty amazing that they can get away with it. I cant imagine the work that has to go into a sting like this by the cops that are doing it.

Matt

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the kind of crap that will continue to go on as long as government spending is out of control and the economy isn't producing enough good paying jobs to pay enough income taxes.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the kind of crap that will continue to go on as long as government spending is out of control and the economy isn't producing enough good paying jobs to pay enough income taxes.

The government steals our money and uses it to create a police state that targets the people that support them. The scales are tipping unfavorably on many levels. Taxpayer vs Recipients... Administrators vs Workers... Private Workers vs Government Workers... :dunno:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Government, cops, etc. are a business and nothing to do with right or wrong. This country is out of control and getting worse, it is legalized mob mentality. Privatization is the only answer. Anyone working in the public sector neds to reevaluate their life and change to do something productive and work in the public sector. Government needs to be cleaned out and started over again.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. All of the construction zones in our area have signs that state, "Fines doubled when workers are present." So the impression was no workers,,, hammer down.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fines might only be doubled when workers are present, but I would assume the lower speed limit still applies.

OP
OP
C

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fines might only be doubled when workers are present, but I would assume the lower speed limit still applies.

Dawg,

I think you are missing the point. Cops are setting up a fake work zone just so they can generate income. Wouldn't matter if the fines are doubled or not.

Matt

Silver04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! The ironic thing is that if the fake speed limit is actually followed, the revenues will still be "way down". Similar to the smoking tax...if nobody smoked, no $ in the coffers of the man...

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was responding to blackandblue01's comment on the speed limit still being enforced even if the fines aren't doubled because workers aren't present.

If I was a retired lawyer, this is one of those cases where I would find of one these fake zones and get a ticket on purpose. If it gets taken high enough and you have proof of exactly what was happening, it would probably eventually get overturned and set a precedent for others to use in lower courts. The problem is it would take a LOT of time and money to do this any other way.

GA's new window tint law is another one I would take all the way up the system. They have always had a 32% tint limit, but it only applied to GA residents. Now it applies to anyone. Basically if you live in a state with no or lower limits, and you drive through GA on the way to vacation, etc, they can give you a ticket. I understand (not agree with) states that ban radar detectors because they can be turned off. What the hell do you do with window tint if you're a non-resident passing through?

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't wait for some of these jerks to go out of state on a family vacation and get nailed by one of these traps!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire