Heffner's Great Customer Service

Walt McFarland

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heffner\'s Great Customer Service

Friends;

If you're on the boards regularly you know that Jason Heffner modified my car with his "575" package last year--and that I've been very happy with it. Recently, I asked Jason to upgrade me to his "650" package--with a minor twist. I asked Jason to focus on maintaining drivability--even if that cost me some horsepower. I live in the Washington DC area, drive the car in traffic a fair bit, my wife drives the car, etc., so I requested a milder cam.

Jason delivered on time and within cost--as always--and did exactly as I asked: gave me a very drivable car with more power. However, after driving the car a while, I regretted not asking for a more aggressive cam. I asked Jason if he could upgrade the cam a bit and still keep the drivability.

I picked the car up earlier today and found it to have smooth idle and acceleration and to be essentially as driveable as stock. I also have dyno sheets proving 571 RWHP and 578 RWT corrected to 556 and 563. Now here's the amazing part: no charge for the rework. Jason simply wanted me to be happy.

Don't know about you, but this kind of customer service doesn't happen much to me. Thought you all should know.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Heffner\'s Great Customer Service

That's unbelievable customer service - but actually not unique with Jason. I know of several other stories similar to that one with customers who have been delighted with Heffner Performance going beyond expectations.

This is what excellence entails and Heffner Performance has it.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is very impressive but really going too far. Jason, and all the great tuners, really should be able to make some money being the best of the best. That is great for you and his other customers but I don't think that is fair to Jason, even if it was his idea. Obviously, he can do whatever he wants but I think that is above and beyond what could ever be expected.

The customer service bar keeps getting raised. VERY impressive. Good time to own a Viper. Not so lucrative time to build them.

Chad

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what was your original cost for the 575 package to the 650 package?
You are correct that is outstanding service.
Practically unheard of.

OP
OP
W

Walt McFarland

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Chad;

You make a great point. It's important to do the right thing when such generosity is shown. Think I did.

King RT10;

The best current data on both packages and others is on Jason's website.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jason is simply a great guy who does great work! Like other great tuners, his customers keep going back for more! I guess that makes Jason smart too!! But you didn't hear that from me! :p
Nice numbers! Enjoy every bit of it! :headbang:

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jason treated me the same as this story above. Some of the same issues for me but our fix is going to be a little different. The incredible thing about the upgrade is Jason put together a package that was extremely fair which I would not have been able to get anywhere else (I think Torquemonster could verify that). Jason has treated me as if I were the only customer, but from the sounds of it he treats all his customers alike. Thanks Jason for your excellent approach and fairness to the customer. Also appreciate the time you take out to keep me informed on the progress of my car.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those of us who have known him for some years locally are not surprised by such stories. Even as he has achieved national recognition for the last several years, he has not lost his focus on great customer service.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jason treated me the same as this story above. Some of the same issues for me but our fix is going to be a little different. The incredible thing about the upgrade is Jason put together a package that was extremely fair which I would not have been able to get anywhere else (I think Torquemonster could verify that). Jason has treated me as if I were the only customer, but from the sounds of it he treats all his customers alike. Thanks Jason for your excellent approach and fairness to the customer. Also appreciate the time you take out to keep me informed on the progress of my car.

Yes Ken - when 540rwhp is ok but the noise from the headers and high flow exhaust is too much - what does a guy do?

Lose a few ponies to quieten it back down right?

Not if your name is Ken VW :D :D

Ken - your noise suppression method of going to Twin Turbos is the most extreme method of silencing I've come across... :D :D

I love it!! :2tu:

BTW - you won't be disappointed by the noise... but if you thought 540rwhp was good - I'm afraid there's bad news - your TT car will make more than that by 4,000rpm :eek: but that is when it's just starting to get interesting - just as well you are going back to stock gears :D

State of art solution to a noisy car :2tu: Can't wait to see finished product ;) :headbang: :headbang:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Walt, I was out at Heffner's when he had put the other cam in your car this summer. My car was not supercharged yet and the car felt very fast to me when Jason took me for the test ride. After driving his supercharged cars, he has a hard time determining if a N/A car feels fast or not. To him the car did not feel as fast as he wanted it to be though.

I remember him saying you wanted stock-like driveability since you drive the car so much.

I also remember Jason being disappointed with the dyno #'s the car made even though the goal was a combination of stock driveability and smooth power. He had mentioned to me that he had to figure out a different cam that would make more power but not be too wild. He also told me that he was going to do the cam swap at no charge to you because he felt he owed you a few more ponies! :headbang:

Obviously he figured out the cam and did what he said he was going to do! You obviously can not ask for any more than that! Congrats on your car and hats off to Jason Heffner! :2tu:

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes Ken - when 540rwhp is ok but the noise from the headers and high flow exhaust is too much - what does a guy do?

Lose a few ponies to quieten it back down right?

Not if your name is Ken VW :D :D

Ken - your noise suppression method of going to Twin Turbos is the most extreme method of silencing I've come across... :D :D

I love it!! :2tu:

BTW - you won't be disappointed by the noise... but if you thought 540rwhp was good - I'm afraid there's bad news - your TT car will make more than that by 4,000rpm :eek: but that is when it's just starting to get interesting - just as well you are going back to stock gears :D

State of art solution to a noisy car :2tu: Can't wait to see finished product ;) :headbang: :headbang:

So, Ken VW is the one who went to twin turbos to quiet down the car! I have heard about you!

I remember Jason telling me the story how you thought it was too loud. I remember the funny look on his face (while he was telling me the story) when he said, " Well, you could go twin turbos....."

Ken, you will love the boost....... I am sure your SRT will be unbelievable with the turbos!

Now I have a request for Jason Heffner that goes against physics:

Jason, I want my Heffner Twin Turbo to BE LOUD Dammit! :headbang: :eek: :2tu:

Do you think you can handle that big boy?

I do not know if I can handle actually being able to think or even being able to hear myself think....... But like Tom Cruise said in Top Gun, " You do not have time to think. If you think,.....you're dead" LOL!

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have only bought pushrods from Jason for my T&D rockers. However when you read stories like this it makes it easy to deal with such a person for large investment into your car. It seems to me Jason doesn't just look at us Viper owners as A DOLLAR BILL, but customers and friends. BILL at APEX you could learn alot from this public relation Jason did for his customer. Word of mouth is the best advertising money can buy thats why Heffner and DLM are so successful WELL DONE JASON ANOTHER HAPPY CUSTOMER.

kenvw

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I know it is not by popular demand, a quiet Viper, but then I just don't want to be heard doing 150 mph (hehe). Anyway I couldn't pass up the cheap solution for my noise complaint. Which other tuner would steer you to a package for noise reduction and throw in a few extra ponies to boot!?
Paolo - got a solution to make your new car sound LOUD - Record your old car on a cd and crank up the 500 watt stereo. Just keep the launches and rev sounds synchronized(hehe).
Good luck with your TT - we've got the best man on both jobs!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know it is not by popular demand, a quiet Viper, but then I just don't want to be heard doing 150 mph (hehe). Anyway I couldn't pass up the cheap solution for my noise complaint. Which other tuner would steer you to a package for noise reduction and throw in a few extra ponies to boot!?
Paolo - got a solution to make your new car sound LOUD - Record your old car on a cd and crank up the 500 watt stereo. Just keep the launches and rev sounds synchronized(hehe).
Good luck with your TT - we've got the best man on both jobs!

Ken, when you are going 150 MPH, they won't hear you for long anyway! :headbang:

As far as the making the new car sound like the old one, I would also have to speed up the supercharged sounds to keep up with the Turbo acceleration, the pitch will of course, change, exposing my will to cheat physics!

Hey! Wait! I do not have a stereo! Hmmmm....

I agree with you about having the best man for both jobs! :2tu:

How much power are you planning on having?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Walt McFarland,
Just mail Jason a fruit basket for Christmas... Wow! what a guy!

I want this guy (his car) to be on the cover of Motor Trend.
Not someone with questionable customer service practices.

Can someone with ties to the auto mags make that happen???!!! Please!!

Just once the good guy should win!!
Congrats Walt and Jason Cheers!!