Hello from Sweden! (looking for a SRT-10 coupe)

Erik G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is erik and the time has finally come for me to buy my very own Viper! :D:D YES!!!

I have saved for a pretty long time to be able to do this. You know, this is something Ive been looking forward to for some years now, and now its time!

Im looking for a Blue or White Coupe, low mileage and clean carfax for about 50-55k (that would be a -06 for that kind of money i guess). A black or red coupe can also work, but a blue or White would really be a dream come true!

But heres the problem. I have searched ebay, autotrader and the classifieds over here, but how do I find somebody that has the right car, is willing to ship to Sweden and is a straight up honsest person who I can really trust?

Im 27 years no and I am going to send a big part of my life savings to a person on the other side of the globe for a car that might nog even exist!? How do I know who I can trust? :(

Theese type of cars are not really that common here in Sweden because we have communists running our country and over the top high taxes, but Ive done my best and now its finnaly time for me to get a really nice piece of American car manufacturing history! Im so exited!

Sorry for the long write up I just wanted to get this of my chest and perhaps get some tips in wich direction I should look?

Thanks in advance!

//Erik - Sweden

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your future Viper purchase!

I can understand your anxiety about the purchase, so you might be best served to buy from a dealer. There will be a premium paid, no doubt...but think of it as "peace of mind" insurance!

Good luck in your search!

OP
OP
E

Erik G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your future Viper purchase!

I can understand your anxiety about the purchase, so you might be best served to buy from a dealer. There will be a premium paid, no doubt...but think of it as "peace of mind" insurance!

Good luck in your search!

Hi and thaks!

Yeah, I understand that buying from a dealer will cost me some money, but with a little bit of luck I can find a dealer that have done some export previously and in that way get som "value for the extra money".
I live in the northern part of Sweden and I have only seen one (!) SRT-10 up here. It was a yellow convertible and it sure looked good. :D

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Erik, we have had quite a few vipers shipped over to the UK from a few US dealers with great success, id start with these guys who have all sent vipers to Europe before

Tators Garage
BJ Motors - Used Dodge Vipers, Exotic Sports Cars
Welcome to Woodhouse | Woodhouse Auto Family | Bellevue Omaha Blair Nebraska | Missouri Valley Iowa
Dodge Viper For Sale New & Used, sales, Plymouth Prowlers for sale, Plus Viper Pictures & Sell your viper, buy a viper, purchase a viper, & More

an alternative option is to look in Germany, there's always quite a vipers for sale there, then maybe you dont have to pay the big import taxes
Suchergebnisse: Pkw bei mobile.de

have a look on the Sweden viperclub site, there's some ******** owners out there and they will give you some good advice

Last edited:

darrahc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Erik, try reaching out to Bernie at BJ Motors. I was living in Stockholm last year and had a colleague who had been looking for a Viper for a long time and I referred him to Bernie and he was able to get the exact car he was looking for shipped to Gothenburg. You will have absolutely nothing to worry about if you work through Bernie. Best of luck!

OP
OP
E

Erik G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great tips guys! Now I have something to work with. I will look up the dealers above right away (when they open up for the day that is) :D

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also look through the classifieds on this site, I bought my car privately, the sale was great, Dean (the guy I bought my car from) could not have been more helpful :)

I did it this way,

Searched the VCA classifieds
Contacted owner and asked if he would be prepared to sell to a UK buyer :)
Asked a couple of local VCA members to meet owner and check out the car for me (the results all came back good)
Contacted shipping company and they arranged shipping from San Francisco to UK
The owner also posted up a video of the car starting up from cold and with his wife filming drove the car up and down the road so I could hear it and see the car being used :)

Got a carfax for the car which also checked out OK and checked the Dodge data base to make sure any recall work had been done on the car too :2tu:

One of the lucky breaks I also got was that a UK VCA member was on Vacation a couple of hours away, he took time out of his Vacation to take over 50 pictures of the car, close up shots of dashboard, interior, tires, wheels etc :headbang:

Once all this had been done I sent my monies, the owner also drove the car to the Port shipping company for me and also took final pictures of the car at dock side showing speedo mileage and condition of the car :2tu: I could compare these pics with the car when it arrived in the UK :2tu:

There were cheaper cars on eBay and other sites but I could not guarantee the owners honestly.

Hope this helpes.
I can honestly say the whole experence was a great one, I had never done anything like this before, I since have been in contact with the original owwner and Woodhouse who sold the car new, Great people, great club :2tu:

OP
OP
E

Erik G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also look through the classifieds on this site, I bought my car privately, the sale was great, Dean (the guy I bought my car from) could not have been more helpful :)

I did it this way,

Searched the VCA classifieds
Contacted owner and asked if he would be prepared to sell to a UK buyer :)
Asked a couple of local VCA members to meet owner and check out the car for me (the results all came back good)
Contacted shipping company and they arranged shipping from San Francisco to UK
The owner also posted up a video of the car starting up from cold and with his wife filming drove the car up and down the road so I could hear it and see the car being used :)

Got a carfax for the car which also checked out OK and checked the Dodge data base to make sure any recall work had been done on the car too :2tu:

One of the lucky breaks I also got was that a UK VCA member was on Vacation a couple of hours away, he took time out of his Vacation to take over 50 pictures of the car, close up shots of dashboard, interior, tires, wheels etc :headbang:

Once all this had been done I sent my monies, the owner also drove the car to the Port shipping company for me and also took final pictures of the car at dock side showing speedo mileage and condition of the car :2tu: I could compare these pics with the car when it arrived in the UK :2tu:

There were cheaper cars on eBay and other sites but I could not guarantee the owners honestly.

Hope this helpes.
I can honestly say the whole experence was a great one, I had never done anything like this before, I since have been in contact with the original owwner and Woodhouse who sold the car new, Great people, great club :2tu:

Wow, that really sounds like an adventure!
There are many of you that speaks good of Woodhouse, so I will give them a call this evening then. To be continued. :)

Jasone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should consider moving to a non-communist country (for now) so you don't have to ship the car.. you can buy a 4000+ sqr/ft house on 3+ acres of land and live in the land of the free.. the taxes alone will pay for the move in a couple of years.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you should consider moving to a non-communist country (for now) so you don't have to ship the car.. you can buy a 4000+ sqr/ft house on 3+ acres of land and live in the land of the free.. the taxes alone will pay for the move in a couple of years.

+1 .................:usa:

Reaction score
My black and red 08' coupe is in the classifieds AND I work for Woodhouse :2tu: Would love to know it went someplace more exotic then Nebraska. :rolaugh: Little more money, but has everything you could ask for.

OP
OP
E

Erik G

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, tell me about it. I have visited the US three times in my life and its really an awesome country!
But my family (parents +cat) live here in Sweden and they are sure getting older, so it would not feel right to them if I left so that I could not help them out with different stuff when they need it.

The taxes though are sure getting on my nerves from time to time.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent you a PM, about a New 2008 ACR maybe the $$$ is too much to handle, but it is a ********, which very few actually like...But it will treat you right and it only has delivery miles...

V

Venomiss

Good luck in your search and hopefully you will find "the one".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te