Hello I am new

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Derek, from Minnesota. I've been lurking this board for a long time and finally joined last week. I learned a lot from reading all of your posts. Anyways, I am ready to purchase a 97 Viper GTS B/W. If you guys know any good deals out there or anyone is selling, please let me know. I got cash ready. Thanks again.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Derek, welcome. Good luck in your search, you will find a wealth of information here.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Derek...you are going love a Viper. Be sure to get some help from the local VCA members when you think that you have found a car of interest.

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the family. If I can suggest anything, it is take your time and get the right car. There are a number of really nice Vipers out there, so do the search. That is a fun part and you have a sense of accomplishment once you find the perfect one for you. After you get it, take your time and learn how to drive it, they will bite you.

Good hunting :headbang:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome Derek. As said before, take your time and look at at least 3 or 4. Get the color and style you like the best. Best of luck.

You will love your Viper even more than you think you will.

V

venms96

Welcome Derek. Just curious, why only the 97 model yr ? Why not 96 or 97 ? If anyone else would like to answer that question, I'm curious...

Derek, as you know, since you've been lurking for awhile, lots of great Viper owners here, a few goofs, and a ton of information. Good luck with your search. Be prepared to be totally "car content" when you find the right one.

Venms96
1996 Stock GTS, cream-puff, but not trailer queen, dreading Winter......

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome Derek. Pretty new myself. Only had a viper for 6 months. Whatever you buy, you will not be disappointed. I have driven my car 7 days a week since purchase, and never a glitch or hiccup.

enjoy the hunt and enjoy the prize

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on choosing the best color combo@ Welcome aboard. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have located a 97 blue and white in Miami, Florida. It looks great in pictures but, it has a after-market steering wheel and they only want 45000 for it(only 13000 miles). The dealer has not provided me a car fax report yet. Can anyone in Miami Florida check out this car for me please??

V

venms96

Derek,
Do your homework. Some car with mods are fine, some are not. Mods tell you, you need to ask a lot more questions about the car, and a dealer probably doesn't know. (steering wheel isn't really a Mod, but there is probably more mods if it has a different wheel)
You said, "only asking 45k for it". That tells me you are probably willing to pay that or a little more. Every few months, another great B/W GTS pops up for sale somewhere. There is a very nice looking 97 on Ebay right now. ( I don't have anything to do with the sale of it ) but it has a few less miles on it, very tasteful mods, and reserve is already met at 45,100, which is a great price for any GTS in good shape, especially a B/W one. It looks like a great car. It would be hard for me to buy a car from Ebay, unless I saw the car, etc. but it's a place to look at and compare. There is a 96 on Autotrader for 51k, 11k miles, private owner, also sounds like a nice one.
Nice to find private owners who know the car. You can talk to them, check the car out, see if you trust the guy, etc.
When you are spending upwards to 50k or more, you have to be patient.
All of this, of course, is just my opinion. It all depends what you want. But don't jump at the first B/W that looks great on your computer, especially with an aftermarket steering wheel...
If you lurked for a long time here, you should lurk even longer in trying to find the right 97 GTS. Have fun searching !

Venms96

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have located a 97 blue and white in Miami, Florida. It looks great in pictures but, it has a after-market steering wheel and they only want 45000 for it(only 13000 miles). The dealer has not provided me a car fax report yet. Can anyone in Miami Florida check out this car for me please??

You're better off buying from Woodhouse, especially since it's closer to you than Florida. Besides, I've heard Florida was the riskiest place to buy used Vipers from without a thorough checking.