Help! Anyone have an old LUK clutch? I need 2 part numbers.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I bought a factory LUK clutch off of the dreaded Ebay (Yeah, yeah I know). I don't need a clutch, but figured it was good to have. So, this past Friday (2 weeks from the time I hit the Buy It Now) it arrived. The side of the box says 99-2006 VW/Audi. I was not very happy to begin with since they just stuck a UPS label on the clutch kits box. So, I emailed the company and they tell me it is just the wrong label. I was told by the company the pressure plate should have the numbers LC 1985 and the clutch disc should have on it LD 1985 for it to be the correct kit. It does match up and look like the correct clutch from the ROE website, but I want to verify to be sure. Any help is appreciated. All this hassle to save a few bucks!

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The LUK clutch that I bought on ebay about 1 year ago has the same two numerical markings on it. It came in a Factory LUK Clutch Kit box. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
P

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RedSled Thanks. This kit is also in a Factory LUK box with the same markings on the parts, but I want to be sure as I do not want the wrong parts sitting on my shelf. Both parts have the part number 1985 on them.