1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me decide, share pics if you got em. Red stripes or red driver stripe ????

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by DMan, Apr 8, 2013.

1. DMan

DMan Viper Owner

So I had an all black gen2, gen3, and now gen4. As I patiently wait for a gen5 I want, which isn't going to happen this year, I'm getting bored and looking to do something. My car is all black & a vert, 6 spokes.

I'm getting an autoform rollbar in the next 2 wks, it's viper red powder coated. I was immediately thinking to re-coat it black, then I thought well what if I did silver and did stripes, then I thought what if I left it red and saved the re-coat $ and did a red drivers stripe of dual 8" stripes in red, or ... I'm looking at stripe kits, not paint, in case I HATE it, plus I do fully hope to be getting a gen5 in 2014 (vert or TA) & want to be able to go to factory look for the new buyer then.

What are your thoughts? I love the way my car looks as is, but just looking to play and hec after VOI12 my car is a bit boring next to all those purdy combos out there. Thnx.
    Dave.

2. brifri11

brifri11 Viper Owner

Got these pictures from a quick Google search... My opinion only, but I've always preferred the dual stripes. But with a convertible the stripes wont go onto the soft top which I think would take a little away from the beauty of it. I do like the one single stripe, but again wouldn't go through the roof. (plus if you do the driver side stripe you have to get the steering wheel to match :D). I prefer dual silver stripes on a black viper. Looks amazing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. brifri11

brifri11 Viper Owner

(unable to delete accidental double post)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  4. DMan

DMan Viper Owner

Yea, I've been looking at the red now NDA thinking its not for me. I guess I'll re-powder coat the rollbar. A dark silver or graphite is more my style. Thanks