Help me with this decision...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZX12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Being a fan of high performance vehicles, I've been following this board for a while, but have never posted til now. This board is really great and informative. I don't own a Viper, but
I've been thinking about getting one for a long time. Well that time is getting close, but something else has caught my eye. I really like motorcycles, and there's one that's keeping me from getting the Viper, and it's the most outrageous machine on two wheels...it's the Big Block Boss Hoss cruiser bike, that has a 502 cubic inch, 502 hp/560 tq (Chevy) V8, with 2 speed automatic tranny. This sucker can light it's back tire at 100 mph!

It's top speed is unknown, but it's geared to run to a little over 200 mph (only about 250 or so of these bikes have been made, and none of the owners have done a certified top speed run yet). The manufacturer states 0-60 times in 2 seconds, under optimal traction conditions. Just makes your mouth water.

Having test driven it's little brother (350 ci/350 hp), I know these bikes don't handle very well, but their straight line performance is incredible (we all love big engines; just imagine it rumbling between your legs, the headers touching your calves). Anyway, I'm trying to figure out which vehicle would be more fun to have (it would be nice to have both, but as of now, I can only get one of them). I've never driven a Viper, but from what I've read, they're just a blast and a half! I respect everyone's opinions, and any advice on this extremely difficult decision is welcome!

Oh yah, one 'special order' bike was built with 600 cubic inch all-aluminum Donovan motor (~900 horsepower)...now that's what I call crazy...

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I've seen those bikes before. Huge tires. Where the tank should be is a huge housing for the engine. Dunno man, looks like if it fell over you would need to call a crane in to pick it up for you. Hope you never get caught in between it and the road.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boss Hoss has been around for many years and there are alot
of them at Sturgis every year. They do not handle well and as
was stated before, never drop it. It does not make a good
cruiser and the riders I have talked to don't seem to put alot
of miles on them, not what you take to your normal poker run or
bar crawl. Also, resale, don't think you will get your money back,an even smaller segment of the market than the Viper.
And most of the Boss Hoss's are plain ugly.
The Viper will give you more day in day out excitment, have a
better "wow" factor,get a larger percentage of your investment back, and you will use it 1000% more than the Boss Hoss.
There's my 2 cents

bitya

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I had to chose between my 98 GTS or my other bikes(Hayabusa-GSXR10000-GSXR1100Turbo-VTX1800(slug) the Viper stays.I was looking at 502 Boss Hoss too but felt the nouvelty would wear off too quik. Put the 33000.00 towards the Viper, the bike can come later. Maybe by then it will have a 528 HEMI in it and I will definetly have one

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
just imagine it rumbling between your legs, the headers touching your calves
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There are better ways to acheive this IMOHO.

GET BIT WITH THE VIPER!!!!

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
At first I really liked the idea of a 502 in a bike. Then I went to the website and saw the monstrosity. U-G-L-Y If you get the Boss Hoss, send it to Jessie James and have him make the bike look like it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960