Help, Viper Mania hard top or AP?

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Help, Viper Mania hard top or AP?

For my 94 RT10 I have had my mind made up on the Viper Mania hard top as it looks good and is truly functional but I can’t put it in my trunk like the AP one. As my car doesn’t have A.C. most of my driving has to be with no top unless it’s raining then I run and hide as messing with the soft top is not worth the aggravation.

How many guys out there have this new top from AP?

Is it as quick and trouble free as claimed for the installation?

Is the quality of construction up with Viper Mania?

Are the rails and pins on the roof lined up so a tall person hits his head on these when hitting a *** hole or bump in the road?

What does it weigh?

Will it stay on the car at 150 MPH or will it depart company like a few of the soft tops have done?

It doesn’t sound like it leaks except around the windows and there is suppose to be some modification to the windows to make it fit and I’m wondering how labor intensive this conversion is and can the leaks be stopped?

What exactly is this sports bar cap that a few of the cars are missing?

When I move into a Gen 2 will this be an easy transfer from the Gen 1?

Maybe the ultimate is a double bubble with a scoop from AP and still able to put it in the trunk.

Thanks

Tim

MannyG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the sleek look of my AP hard top. Also, in Houston, you have to be prepared for rain at any time. It's hard to beat the trunkability of the top with that kind of weather.

It's very simple to put on and off.
It does not leak
If you are very tall you need a seat lowering kit.
Weather stripping will reduce the window leaks (function of windows not top)
Each section does not weigh much (very light)
It's very well constructed
Do not know if it can be modified for Gen II

A sport bar cap is a piece of plastic that is bolted to the rear support behind the seat (see photo).

You must be registered for see images

MannyG

OP
OP
T

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and the picture as it's worth a 1000 words.

Looks like mine still has the sport bar cap.

Thanks again,

Tim

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no experience with the trunkable hard top here. But how do you store it in the trunk without chipping the paint on the ends. It just seems that this peices would collide with some spirited driving?

I am a big fan of V-mania products. Their double-bouble hard top is very light, easy to take on/off and looks great on the car.

4583stripe.jpg

Good luck!

MannyG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered a storage bag. The top stores in the trunk inside the bag. There is foam rubber that is placed between the pieces.

Manny

Reaction score
I saw Biff's "See-Thru" tinted top at Tator's this year. It was, as I am sure the AP top is, a work of art. It was unbelievable to sit in the car, look up, and see the sky. Needless to say, he didn't drive back South with the top. :) Like most everything else for our cars.....I doubt you can go wrong either way.

OP
OP
T

Tim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It appears that there is not a lot of the AP tops out.............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4