Help!! Wheel hop, car dead

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was out for a drive today, trying out my new M&M headers. Car was running great, got a little wheel hop in first gear, and the car just flat died. Pulled over, fuse 10 under the dash was blown. Replaced fuse, blew immediately when I turned on the ignition. Waited a bit, put in another 10a fuse, car fired right up and runs like a champ. I am thinking a ground somewhere or a bad relay?? The wheel hop very minimal, but enough to shake something around. Just looking for ideas.

marty

OP
OP
M

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuel pump relay, reverse lockout solenoid, skip shift solenoid, ac compressor clutch relay, auto shut down relay, radiator fan relay. I am thinking of buying some relays just to replace the ones in this circuit. Are the relays 20 or 30 amp, anyone know?? I see both offered as standard equipment on a few websites.

hiss highness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just did the 02 on the right side cause it was crispy with the headers, the bosch units were better priced new and had a better protective sleeve, but still ran 1" heat protective loom overtop the entire assembly(about 2 feet) and tied it up higher so it never happens again, could wrap the headers but it is a pain in the butt winter project instead