Help with 2 pump install

paulsgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 97 gts and I am installing 2 walbro 255 pumps. My problem is I need a 5/16 Y fitting so I can install the 2 hoses going from the pumps to the FPR.

Thanks
Paul

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only find Tee fittings in the catalogs I have. You may look at your local hardware store. They may have a selection of different brass fittings.

GM makes a plastic Y fitting but it's 3/8". Part # 14046514.

OP
OP
P

paulsgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can only find Tee fittings in the catalogs I have. You may look at your local hardware store. They may have a selection of different brass fittings.

GM makes a plastic Y fitting but it's 3/8". Part # 14046514.

I could only find T fittings and would prefer not to use them. I can see the t fittings causing atomization problems. Also plastic I would be afraid of it melting or cracking a metal feting of some sort I think would be better. Thanks for your help though!

OP
OP
P

paulsgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am planning a similar installation and ran across this site just yesterday:
Walbro Inline Fuel Pumps

Part way down they have a 5/16" Y fitting but I'm not sure if its intended for use in the tank.

Thanks for your help mnviper. This looks like the Y fitting is plastic. I would much rather have the piece of mind with a metal of some sort Y. I can't believe how hard finding a 5/16 Y is!!

OP
OP
P

paulsgts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Paul...remember who I told ya to call????? DUDE!!!! 1-914-763-3136...VIPER WIZARD!!! ~juli

Being in the same buiness I would hate to bother him with such a small part. I was just diggin around to see if anyone had any ideas here first. Thanks Though!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being in the same buiness I would hate to bother him with such a small part. I was just diggin around to see if anyone had any ideas here first. Thanks Though!

Anytime~! (And, I don't think he'd think it was a bother~! :cool:) ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang