Hennessey + 10psi = 9.95@145 - 1st Viper in the 9's w/o Nitrous

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hennessey + 10psi = 9.95@145 - 1st Viper in the 9\'s w/o Nitrous

Congrats to Hennessey! His 60ft. was 1.64 utilizing the Powerglide without nitrous. Should be interesting to see what happens as the day progresses with this car too.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hennessey + 10psi = 9.95@145 - 1st Viper in the 9\'s w/o Nitrous

If his car run 5's I would never buy anything from him.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did anyone ask you to buy anything from him???? I never read this in any of the above posts if they did.....

9secRT

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree. I'm sick of every Joe-that-knows-somebody-that-Hennessey-screwed chiming in to badmouth John every chance they get. These guys destroyed Powerfest, and they should save their destructive opinions for when they'll be more constructive.
I think John gets the point.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Put the properly setup torque converter in that car and you will have a low 9second pass easy.

Not surprising at all considering the car has a powerglide, which I have been telling certain people to do for the past 3 years.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If his car run 5's I would never buy anything from him.
i agree even if his cars do 5's on reverse..lol

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Openwide, if John got the point he would have paid.

And I mean to the customers in the other 49 states.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't understand you guys. Why it is ok to screw people out of $ because you can build TT Viper. Because of supporters like you more people will lose their $. I hope that some day you get screwed by John and then you will get it.

HMS is Enron of automotive industry and some of you will never get it.

Reaction score

The worst part about this is their are other tuners out there that have done worse things than Hennessey in the past several years but noone has spoken up. It is best to be very cautious.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree with Albert. I've pretty much stayed out of this whole issue for a while and this may be the only thing I'll ever say on this forum.

Despite everything and all the ill feeling out there there's two facts:

1 - there are people in this world that will do dumb things out of desperation in a crisis in order to survive.... things they may later regret, but they get caught in a viscious circle that can be very hard to break. Afterall, if they give up they lose everything and have nothing to pay anyone.

2 - there are people in this world who are just plain nasty inside and happily make a living shafting any poor victim they can get away with. These people make a lot of enemies so they tend to be very well connected and have significant underworld connections. to mess with these guys can be very hazardous to your health! The aftermarket performance/racing industry is FULL OF THESE PRICKS!

Knowing a little more than I'm willing to let on - I'm saying JH is in category 1.... he's not in 2. If he were - there'd be a few silenced people on this forum, because a category 2 knows how to do that better than anyone - that's what they do... That does explain why others get away with things and no one makes too much fuss!

That's my 2 cents. I do care about people losing their hard earned money, I don't care about bloody mindedness however. There's only one way anyone who lost money COULD ever get their money back and that is the one thing many here are trying to prevent - HP actually succeeding - yes - imagine that! Money doesn't just fall off a tree - it goes to pay bills to stay afloat first, and anything left over is to live off and repay old debts. No one is going to starve to repay an old debt.... survival is the most basic human emotion and instinct there is. Forgetting moral issues - fact is making good past losses depends on future profits. If that isn't acceptable - write off the debt and forget it and move on.... Court action may punish but it won't make money. If revenge is all that matters then that'll have to be its own reward because it won't repay losses. I'm not sticking up for anyone - I am an experienced insolvency practitoner however and can tell you all that you can't have your cake and eat it too - if you want to see any one who has got into a mess go out of business - you can kiss the money goodbye. If you want restitution at some future time - then it can only come from one source - future income. And a salary won't do it! Ultimately, if HP continues it'll be because the cars are good and customers are happy with them.... that's not impossible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960