Hennessey 2008 ACR in One Lap of America ..... looking good !!!!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just posted. Hennessy's car won both TWS events today. Now in 3rd overall and in 1st in class.

Keep it going guys!

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is equipped with Hennessey Long-tube Stainless Steel Headers & 3 inch Exhaust plus drop-in K&N filter, is that heavily modded???????????

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C&D knew that the Pcar's would need a 'handicap' to be in the race with the true Big Bores, and everyone knows the Viper ***** in the wet (like all...ok worse than most... big HP front eng/rwd)...thus, the wet skidpad. With this lead that the Pcar has, it is all going to be about reliability. Unfortunately, the Pcar is very reliable, as demonstrated by his past 3 years in Victory Circle. I wish they had done a dry skidpad too, and averaged the results or something. That would be more fair. Let's hope the rest of the events are dry. Go ACR!:headbang:

Lets get some facts straight, the ACR just plain sucked at the wet skid pad THIS YEAR. Had to be driver error. Last years Viper won it and would have placed second this year by only .01 g. Has nothing to do with handicaps and the dry skidpad is the last event of the one lap.

The pcar has won 4 years straight, and this year has not been reliable hence the reason the ACR has a chance to make up for that dismal wet skid pad performance.

Most of the drivers seem to think the Pcar would be giving the ACR a run for it's money on all the courses had it not had so many problems with the ECU and MAF.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ACR is equipped with Hennessey Long-tube Stainless Steel Headers & 3 inch Exhaust plus drop-in K&N filter, is that heavily modded???????????

No, not at all, just bolt ons. Probably should be in the 650 hp range I think.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

you and I know that is nothing, but turds with excuses just can't seem to come to grips with that. They also believe the suspension was changed.... :(

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you and I know that is nothing, but turds with excuses just can't seem to come to grips with that. They also believe the suspension was changed.... :(
Well then heck... too can play that game:

The GTR has a hidden flux capacitor and is STILL behind! The Z06 has a warp drive engine and the Pourshh a worm hole inducer.... yet somehow, the ACR was able to beat them with just some "*** to mark my territory" mods from the HennMan.

I was half-expecting to see his branded wheels (which are pretty cool) and that ugly jay leno chin fascia on the ACR. :rolaugh:

Last edited:

Dyno Dave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris unhooked the rear swaybar for the wet skid pad and he is deeply regretting it. The car oversteered badly resulting in the poor performance. But he is a man possessed and with some help will knock Davia off the top of the heap.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ I hope he can come back but just like Bullary Clinton the ACR may, unfortunately, not be mathamatically able to win out right unless Davia breaks. At this point I dont care as long as it keeps embarrassing the competition. Even if it doesnt win outright everyone will know whos the daddy of this OLA. ***** to hear the skidpad test was flubbed by an ill advised suspension mod. It sounds like that is to blame for the ACR's dismal skid pad test and not C&D's bias for Porsche.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris unhooked the rear swaybar for the wet skid pad and he is deeply regretting it. The car oversteered badly resulting in the poor performance. But he is a man possessed and with some help will knock Davia off the top of the heap.
That's really unfortunate. Almost certainly cost him a 1st place finish. The car apparantly doesn't do so bad in the wet, as per the results at TWS. Heavily modded? Like the Pcar and the Mongoose (er, Vette)'s? Don't think so.

Last edited:
OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ I hope he can come back but just like Bullary Clinton the ACR may, unfortunately, not be mathamatically able to win out right unless Davia breaks. At this point I dont care as long as it keeps embarrassing the competition. Even if it doesnt win outright everyone will know whos the daddy of this OLA. ***** to hear the skidpad test was flubbed by an ill advised suspension mod. It sounds like that is to blame for the ACR's dismal skid pad test and not C&D's bias for Porsche.

That NY math must be different than the math here in Georgia :D

Mathematically it is very possible. If they continue with top finishes it depends on how the other cars place. It would be a stretch to say they would win every event...BUT...the way things are going it's VERY possible :headbang:

There are 13 events left....that is only a 65 point gain "IF" the current first place car placed 2nd every time from now on. Well, the current 1st place car is only averaging a 4th place finish(345 points per event out of 360). If that 4th place avg continues than the Viper could gain 195 points and that would be a 85 point lead at the end.

In fact, the current leader has only had a best of one 2nd place and two 3rd place finishes so far. If they are having problems they better get their chit figured out very soon :)

Anybody going to Carolina Motorsports Park or the BMW facility tomorrow ?

My BIG question is if you can run road courses in the rain than why not the drag events.....sounds pretty cool to me. The 4x4's sure would have an advantage. If my Viper ever gets stuck I'll call a Porch to come pull me out :D

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was a little bored tonite so i checked out the zo6 boards(i know i know) and what mention there is they even delete out the acr times and just compare the z to the gtr..... one ferrari owner on the board said.... At any rate, too many variables to think much of the data but its fun to go watch them if they come to your town.

One Lap of America... - Corvette Forum

Those ******** ... I corrected the guy that left out first place :lmao:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the other site, the ACR won both events today. If I'm correct, the ACR has won 7 out of 7 road course events so far. That's pretty ***** impressive.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's really unfortunate. Almost certainly cost him a 1st place finish. The car apparantly doesn't do so bad in the wet, as per the results at TWS. Heavily modded? Like the Pcar and the Mongoose (er, Vette)'s? Don't think so.

The TT is running ecu and exhaust. The Turbos are factory. It's not heavily modded. They ran some funky water injection which is likely the reason for all the problems.

No, not at all, just bolt ons. Probably should be in the 650 hp range I think.

JH claims the car is making 678 hp.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to the other site, the ACR won both events today. If I'm correct, the ACR has won 7 out of 7 road course events so far. That's pretty ***** impressive.

Just think how much better they would be doing if the Viper wasn't just for staight line racing. :smirk:

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a thread on 6speedonline:
the viper.. i think you guys should know... is not a stock ACR... and we also found out to day.. its ECU is tied into steering angle.. the rear dif is electronic.. and it has traction control system.... all working together... so its a beast....

Anyone know if this is true?

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't know if it is true or not (above post), but given the timeframe hennessey had the car for, it is extremely unlikely all of the above mentioned tech (which for the most part doesn't exist for vipers) was put into the car.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If so, that changes everything, it isnt uncommon for JH to send a ATOM bomb to a missile fight.

don't know if it is true or not (above post), but given the timeframe hennessey had the car for, it is extremely unlikely all of the above mentioned tech (which for the most part doesn't exist for vipers) was put into the car.

Somewhat, TC can be tuned into a car, not all cars have to have units. the electronic rear diff would depend on what it has. But they did just take delivery not long ago so who knows.

Would explain why is was so great in the rain.

repiv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somewhat, TC can be tuned into a car, not all cars have to have units. What do you mean?
the electronic rear diff would depend on what it has Again, what do you mean, that there is an eletronic differential made for the SRT

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somewhat, TC can be tuned into a car, not all cars have to have units. What do you mean?
the electronic rear diff would depend on what it has Again, what do you mean, that there is an eletronic differential made for the SRT

I mean TC can be programmed into the ECU, by programming the computer to cut throttle when it senses too much wheelspin. Because the ECU still detects the motion of the wheels, it has to.

And I dont know about the diff, but if there is an LSD there may be something that can be used to control it.

If it's been developed for the 03-06 it can easily work on the 08's.

So they've had plenty of time to make this stuff.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to get this car to Nurburgring to get the respect of the motorworld...most of the motorworld is still jacking off to the lap time of the gtr at Nurburgring

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean TC can be programmed into the ECU, by programming the computer to cut throttle when it senses too much wheelspin. Because the ECU still detects the motion of the wheels, it has to.

And I dont know about the diff, but if there is an LSD there may be something that can be used to control it.

If it's been developed for the 03-06 it can easily work on the 08's.

So they've had plenty of time to make this stuff.

I thought the rear diff on the 08's are completly different than previous models.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The 6speedonline quote is full of it. The Hennessey ACR has headers , exhaust and K&Ns ONLY. No magic potions.

Wallbanger is 100% correct - we MUST get this car to the Nurburgring!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a vca member i'd be willing to pony up some cash to help sponsor the acr to Nurburgring

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 6speedonline quote is full of it. The Hennessey ACR has headers , exhaust and K&Ns ONLY. No magic potions.

Wallbanger is 100% correct - we MUST get this car to the Nurburgring!

That quote came from a pro driver who is driving in the one lap, I doubt he imagined those mods, so someone there had to tell him that was on there.

Where is your info coming from? For contrast.

On a side note, I did think the trap speed in the 1/4 mile (125) was a bit low. I do think the ACR will always trap less than the base 08 which it will because of the large amounts of downforce, but we're talking about almost 700 hp in this car. I would have expected it to trap what the base 08 traps with 600 hp (127-129).

Any thoughts?

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tell them I said they were full of schittttttt ;)

I'll print this out and ask the driver tomorrow...he should get a good laugh :rolaugh:

In fact, tell me who the "pro" driver is and I'll tell him myself !!!

And even if it were true (I'll lay $$ it isn't) if it's legal then *** ??

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That quote came from a pro driver who is driving in the one lap, I doubt he imagined those mods, so someone there had to tell him that was on there.

If I was one of the drivers that was getting my *** handed to me this week (7/7 road courses) I'd be saying all kinds of things about the ACR..."it's not from this planet", "its got a V20, not a V10", etc, etc. There's a thread about the ACR and one lap on the other site. The tuner listed everything that was done to the car including what happened during the wet skid pad event. They also mentioned that today's driver never ran a drag strip before. I think driver inexperience played a role in the ET. Keep in mind, the ACR team could be playing mind tricks with the other drivers too. :D

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where is your info coming from? For contrast.

On a side note, I did think the trap speed in the 1/4 mile (125) was a bit low. I do think the ACR will always trap less than the base 08 which it will because of the large amounts of downforce, but we're talking about almost 700 hp in this car. I would have expected it to trap what the base 08 traps with 600 hp (127-129).

Any thoughts?

Come on...gezzzz
What would the base 08 trap at that track, same time, same bat channel etc. etc.

What did it trap compared to the Fort GT and the TT Porch ???? FORGET what any other car does on any other day at any other track :nono:

Where are you seeing the mph ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery