Hennessey takes his act to Ebay!!!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
20% deposit required. So this means...you have to give John
$39,000 dollars up front, just to get your name on the list!
Even though John could broker the job and make $50,000 on
each copy, I think the only thing John has to sell is a
magazine cover and some pictures. I guess John is trying
to reach out for some overseas victims, since in the USA
his name is synonymous with CROOK.

chimay52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'A 20% deposit is due within 3 business days of the end of the auction. Final payment is due prior to incarceration at the state correctional facility'

Sorry, just had to....

He sure does get good use out of the Motor Trend cover though!

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FastMatt:
I thought he already sold that car?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

VIN check, time to see who's car it is.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw John this weekend in Houston. You guys should really take the time and read what you write. Sounds like you are talking about the Lock Ness Monster or Big Foot.

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[

Hugh Perkins

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by HP on 06-30-2002 at 11:06 PM</font>

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam Delaune with the Houston Better Business Bureau
713-341-6117 or e-mail [email protected] John Shipp - Service manager with Fletcher Dodge, Sherwood,AR 501-834-7700 This the Dodge Dealer that shipped my heads to HMS [/B]

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King GTS:
I'm with Jason! Anytime, Anywhere, Anyplace!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't everyone?

You never answered Jason's question Hugh. Do you still have your Viper?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/B][/QUOTE]

Trey, is that a typo on the rear wheel torque? 505LBS/FT? That has to be wrong as my stock Viper with headers and no cats makes 510 RWLBS/FT, what gives? Paolo

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually had more torque than 505 on my last Viper which just had bolt-ons. That's definitely a typo!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone started a thread on this topic in Rt/10-GTO .
An interesting post has John in Austin now. Does anyone
have knowledge of this?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets bring this one back on topic.....if possible...... and tone down (i.e. STOP) the personal attacks... OK?

Just a comment, I buy a lot of misc. stuff on EBay, and look at the sellers feedback religiously (it is a great tool that we have discussed adding to the VCA site) to judge if I should trust the seller .....

Whoever the seller is on the EBay auction, they sure have a bad EBay auction feedback percentage, one negative out of eight feedbacks and two of the eight are from the same person:

judisbargainmagnet (14)
Jan-17-00 17:53:03 PST
Complaint : Buyer phoned w/pickup date of van for 1/5 or 1/6. No more communication.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Originally posted by Jay Herbert:

"Lets bring this one back on topic...if possible...and tone down (i.e. STOP) the personal attacks...OK?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done deal Jay.
smile.gif

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bit offtopic here; Jason, how do you like your VROD? I was looking at them this weekend and am waiting to see how the new 2003 Black version looks.

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael,
I am really enjoying the bike. It is so unique and very quick for a cruiser. Not unlike the Viper, it gets more looks than just about anything else on the road. I have heard they are planning another bike in the VROD line. It looked like something to compete with european sport bikes and will have even more power. So far, no problems with it and is very comfortable. I can't wait to see the black versions! It is the
perfect compliment to my Viper and Cobra. Lots of American Muscle!

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know of a VROD for sale at MSRP if anyone is interested, I will have to get the dealer's name, I just saw the dealership and stopped to look. I asked what the vrod was selling for, the guy said proudly MSRP.

Email me if interested.

Robert

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dealer here was quoting around $17k MSRP, plus they wanted a $2-$3k donation made to charity. They claimed that other dealers were marking up the bikes $2k-$3k and that they insisted on the charitable contribution as a way of prevent people from buying the bikes at list and flipping them.

Did you encounter such difficulity when you purchased yours?

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. The best deal I found was locally. I was on the list for about a year. MSRP was $17K plus alarm and assembly which brought the total to about $18K. I paid $19.5K for mine. Not bad considering I called all over the US and the average price was $24K. A dealer about an hour away got 30K for the first and 32K for the second one. I got the second one my dealer got in. My neighbor got the first. You should try to find someone to let you ride it. Fantastic! You are far from me but if you are ever in Cajun land, let me know. I let Dolph Williams take a ride and he is PURE Harley Davidson and Viper and he really was impressed. Smooth but still has a HD feel to it. I will be doing some slight mods soon - mostly cosmetic but some exhaust work also for sound. It is a rolling piece of art.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the bid was retracted is on the Ebay page.

Retracted $196,000.00
Explanation:There's a police case involving the owner of this car. I withdraw my bid.