Hennessey

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the current state of the Hennessey saga? I've been reading for several years how the guy ripped off numerous people for, in some cases, very large amounts of money. I also know that at least several people filed law suits against him, but I haven't heard anthing about the continuing saga recently.

Based on the accounts I've heard, and they are all pretty similar so that alone probably tells us something, Hennessey took lots of customer money and failed to deliver anything, let alone what was promised. It therefore seems pretty clear that the lawsuits, or at least a good number of them, should result in big judgments against Hennessey. And multiple large awards should shut him down. But, he seems to still be in business. What's going on?

mynewviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a friend of mine interested in automatic transmission for his Viper. Seems Hennessey was 3 x's as much as as another Viper tuner in Sarasota. You can bet I'm a believer in the song..... "Once bitten twice shy". Anyway it'll be interesting to hear some stories as to your question....

What is the current state of the Hennessey saga? I've been reading for several years how the guy ripped off numerous people for, in some cases, very large amounts of money. I also know that at least several people filed law suits against him, but I haven't heard anthing about the continuing saga recently.

Based on the accounts I've heard, and they are all pretty similar so that alone probably tells us something, Hennessey took lots of customer money and failed to deliver anything, let alone what was promised. It therefore seems pretty clear that the lawsuits, or at least a good number of them, should result in big judgments against Hennessey. And multiple large awards should shut him down. But, he seems to still be in business. What's going on?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am relatively new to the Viper Club community, but I think he was banned from here, in fact, you couldn't even type his name in a thread until recently. The mods may change this thread name to H**********. So now I think he is an 'underground Viper tuner' that has apparantly been elevated to iconic status as a result. "Every action gets an equal and opposite reaction." He is enlarging his building, or so I heard...and in case you haven't noticed his 4 page glossy ads in every car mag on the planet, his car won the Supercar Challenge or something. He seems to be the darling of the car mags (shows up for the shootouts with a loaded gun), and his car put up big numbers and didn't break when it counted. ;)

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would stay far away from that guy....

All of things that he has gotten away with... I would never trust paying that guy one penny...

When I was younger, I thought the world of that guy...

I started looking at vipers, cause I could finally afford one and did some searches on him... Lets just say that guy is a $cumbag

The only reason why he makes money is because people don't know the truth and don't do searches on forums...

Just my 2 cents..

Joe

Got_Vnum

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember seeing John Hennessey at the Nevada region VCA SEMA dinner (in 05 I think). I just wondered why the VCA would ban him from the website, yet still allow him to attend events? Not sure, but I think he was at VOI9 too. I have nothing personal against JH, haven't done any business with him, but if the VCA is going to ban someone whether its a tuner or anyone else, it should be from VCA events too, not just from the website. Just my $0.01.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember seeing John Hennessey at the Nevada region VCA SEMA dinner (in 05 I think). I just wondered why the VCA would ban him from the website, yet still allow him to attend events? Not sure, but I think he was at VOI9 too. I have nothing personal against JH, haven't done any business with him, but if the VCA is going to ban someone whether its a tuner or anyone else, it should be from VCA events too, not just from the website. Just my $0.01.

Even though VCA members get preferential treatment VOI's are not VCA events, they are Dodge events and any Viper owner can attend.