Hey vette, stop waving, this isn't a C6!

fixbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey vette, stop waving, this isn\'t a C6!

A less serious post. Maybe I'm wrong here, but:

Vette owners wave and acknowledge other vette drivers on the road, regardless of year etc. As a previous ZO6 owner this was a common thing as we saw other vettes on a daily basis.

As Viper drivers we rarely have this duty as there are so few of us....

But, apparently, the Gen III viper looks enough like the C6 that Vette drivers constantly give me the friendly "vette wave." As they draw closer they look at me funny and then stare back realizing that I wasn't a C6. I only notice this with c5 and previous owners (especially c4 drivers). Obvioulsy, the c6 owners out there know what their cars look like.

I never wave back. I mean, seriously....

Anyone else notice this?

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Hey vette, stop waving, this isn\'t a C6!

Wave anyway; help make the world a friendlier place! We're all enthusiastic members of overpowered sportscars. :)

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I dunno I don't have a SRT, but I tend to wave acknowledge other sports car owners regardless of the make. In sea of SUV owners I respect sports car owners especially with gas prices the way they are. Doesn't matter if it's a Porsche/Ferrari/Viper/Vette, etc I'll often wave or will return the wave.

Then again am I not a [******]...

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most Vette owners wave as do other sports car owners as well at me in my Viper. They know when bow down to superiority! :headbang: :2tu:

Mach10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wave anyway; help make the world a friendlier place! We're all enthusiastic members of overpowered sportscars. :)

here, here!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :usa: :usa: :laugh:

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Doesn't matter if it's a Porsche/Ferrari/Viper/Vette, etc I'll often wave or will return the wave.

All five fingers?

No Chuck I don't flip off ever Non-Viper sports car like you man. LOL

I have my favorites but I can appreciate all sports cars though many I would NOT care to own. :)

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had a C6 initiate a wave.

I initiate waves to any sports or classic car. I also wave back when kids in any car wave to me(I often flash my lights to them-they really like it when in my '69 Corvette since the lights pop up!).

OP
OP
F

fixbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score

After reading the replies I had to check twice to make sure I hadn't accidentally posted on Oprah's forum. My point -- and it is merely an observation --was that amongst earlier model Vette owners they appear to mistakenly wave to the passing Viper. You can clearly see it in their expression as they come closer and realize their error. That's all.

I am not advocating "dissing" the genuine thumbs up drivers (of any cars) give us. That's part of why this is such a great car. Flip someone off for waving? No way.

But anyone who calls me an ***** for my harmless post needs to remove ******, adjust ******* and relax. Group hug, dude.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I owned a '69' Vette, and other Vette owners would wave 99.999999999% of the time. If someone didn't, you were like , "*** is that guys problem?" Waving is like a religion to Vette owners. That being said, I have had MAYBE 1 Corvette owner wave to me in my Gen II GTS in a 4 YEAR PERIOD! I stopped initiating the 'wave', because they would act like they didn't even see me.... I absolutely think it is mistaken identity from a distance, as these guys do EVERYTHING possible not to look at my Viper. Just my .02

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This might be a little digression, and I have only owned my SRT for a week now, but I notice sports car drivers (nice ones) in general will acknowledge you - that probably goes for whatever nice car you are driving - what I do notice are the Corvettes (most frequently) that "duck you" when they are behind you. I will see a Corvette owner in my rear view mirror and then invariably they never come up to see or to challenge - now, maybe I am new and this will change but it happened a few times since last week when I took delivery - I find it to be a blast though!

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don't be such a dick head and wave back. I do ... :laugh:

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score

arent we supposed to keep both hands firmly on our steering wheels so we dont loose control and crash? :rolleyes:

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I dunno I don't have a SRT, but I tend to wave acknowledge other sports car owners regardless of the make. In sea of SUV owners I respect sports car owners especially with gas prices the way they are. Doesn't matter if it's a Porsche/Ferrari/Viper/Vette, etc I'll often wave or will return the wave.

Then again am I not a [******]...

Same here. I typically wave or nod at drivers of cool cars, not just Viper owners. There are few enough Vipers in my area that I generally know anyone who is driving a Viper.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow the Viper has reached a new low. Never in the past would a Viper be mistaken as a Corvette by Vette owners. Sad to hear brother...