HID Install....

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Finally install my HID.... and I like it. I did use a 8000k. Just want to make a suggestion that if you are going to do a Gen. 2 make sure that you check your head light co'z what the manual will tell you is that you have a 9006 but on mine I have a 9005. And check your polarity (HID ballast to head light connector). I have my plug reverse.... you got the idea. The install is very easy once you check that you have the right polarity.

You must be registered for see images attach

HID kit (double sided taped to the light cover)

Reg. light and HID

Done.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also installed HIDs (6000) and loved them I did a DIY and an illustrated post here. When I bought my second Viper, it was one of the first mods I did (took 2 days after receiving my ebay kit). Now I'm just pissed that they don't sell high beam kits. My low beam shows as much as highbeam, just not as far.

Great mod!

Ted

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed mine last week and it was easy and the lighting compared to stock is just great. I bought my kit from "85 of 200" member here. The installation probably takes about 1/2 hour for both sides.

OP
OP
N

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought the one made by KLIGHT. It is on the first pic.

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I ask where you bought them?

You should contact the member I got them from "85 of 200". There was a thread in the SRT forums about HID light and thats eho I bought mine from. They look just like the expensive $400 dollar kits. I bought mine for $150 and the look the same as the more expensive kits.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I learned the english language, at about two years old I guess, there was a difference when asking "what brand" they bought versus "where" they bought them. :buttkick: :lmao2:

Details.

Plus, I speak Texan. There is no cross-reference to other local dialect.

Work on your grammar though. Last time I learned English, when I was 2 years old, English was capitalized.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also installed HIDs (6000) and loved them I did a DIY and an illustrated post here. When I bought my second Viper, it was one of the first mods I did (took 2 days after receiving my ebay kit). Now I'm just pissed that they don't sell high beam kits. My low beam shows as much as highbeam, just not as far.

Great mod!

Ted

There's a reason why most cars don't come with or offer High beam HIDs, because there is a 5 - 10 second warmup time, you may not see it, but it's there. If you where to flash your high beams repeatedly on and off during a long night, you would burn out the ballast or the bulb from repeated short fire-ups. Like turning a florescent light on and off, too many times and you kill the lifespan.

Put Silver Star Ultras in your high beams, almost as good as HID.

OP
OP
N

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To those who want to know.... Cost of HID is $150. I bought it from a co-worker who install a lot of it and highly recommended it. He is located in Whiteplains, NY. Anyone who wants one, let me know. Maybe I can ask him to lower the price if there are people that wants it. Please PM me this week for I am not going to be available next week (going to LaCrosse, WI).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang