Hood gap??

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about a pencil thickness gap. About 1/2 inch'll be better.
This is the point where the hood smashes the facia every time you hit a bump.
Eventually starting a crack at the near corner of the vent opening.

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
OVERBOOST - You can use the floor to set the parts. First measure the frame and check it to see if the car is level. If it is not record the difference. Then measure the facisa to the floor and add the differance from the fame. This should give you a starting point. In the picture it looks like the driver side might be low. Don't worry everything is adjustable just take your time and keep track of the numbers. I had a D/C viper tech. crew do mine under warrenty. It two guys four hours.

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Front Facia removal question-
I have a pretty large gap on my passenger side. I removed the front facia before to try to fix it but I didn't know anything about the bracket in the picture. I am assuming that is what I have to shim or move in order to get the facia up higher where it meets the hood.
Also- When I removed the front facia before, I removed it with the front bumper support attached. I have read differant ways of removing the facia. Which way allows for more adjustment of the facia to meet the hood- leaving the front support on the car, or removing it a one piece with the facia?

Here are some pics.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hre is a simple question that i havent seen come up yet.

have either of your cars received damage in the area of the headlight? has the hood been repaired for instance? are there any bent support brackets, etc that support the headlight, fascia or hood?

the shape of the sharp hood point around the headlight on SYNFULL's car looks different in both pics. maybe it is just the picture angle.

anyway, it it something to ponder.