Hood Pad Gen 1

Robgen1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I saw some photos online of some vipers with a hood pad with logo, my 94 only has a silver square heat shield in the center of the hood, did the Gen 1's come with a hood pad like this with or without the logo? Is it a quick bolt in?
Thanks in advance
Robert

PS I am in love with this car!
You must be registered for see images

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if 96' RT/10s came with a hood pad? Mine had one on it when I bought it, and the car was stock except K&N air filters, so I'm just wondering if it was something a previous owner added or if it came from the factory with one? The good ol' Gen 1.5. Dodge's little jigsaw puzzle of Gen 1 and 2 parts :D

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to my Viper Buyers Guide the hoodpad first made an appearance in the 95's. My 95 does have one.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if 96' RT/10s came with a hood pad? Mine had one on it when I bought it, and the car was stock except K&N air filters, so I'm just wondering if it was something a previous owner added or if it came from the factory with one? The good ol' Gen 1.5. Dodge's little jigsaw puzzle of Gen 1 and 2 parts :D

Chad... Doesn't your Gen 1.5.1 have a ******'s menu stenciled under the hood?

OP
OP
R

Robgen1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses, best place to buy one for the 94? cost?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Vipers beginning in late MY 1994 received the "Hood Insulator Pad" as a running design change. Thay are all plain-black, Sneaky-Pete is a pressed-embossing.

You are in IL ? ROANOKE DODGE 309 923-7171

BUY LOCALLY from a DODGE DEALER......the s/h will kill ya. And all have a 40% chance of damage. INSPECT before ACCEPTANCE. If you dont HAVE a hood pad, you will also need
the push-in Christmas Tree fasteners.... about 18 as I recall. Count the holes! If you are replacing the hood pad, 50% of the fasteners will be garbage.

NOTE: Adding a new pad REALLY dresses up underhood. You can clear-coat em when new.

MSRP $127 locally. Fasteners 3.55 ea !! Worth .35c

PartsRack $99 ..........................................................+ $70 s/h !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Robgen1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipers beginning in late MY 1994 received the "Hood Insulator Pad" as a running design change. Thay are all plain-black, Sneaky-Pete is a pressed-embossing.

You are in IL ? ROANOKE DODGE 309 923-7171

BUY LOCALLY from a DODGE DEALER......the s/h will kill ya. And all have a 40% chance of damage. INSPECT before ACCEPTANCE. If you dont HAVE a hood pad, you will also need
the push-in Christmas Tree fasteners.... about 18 as I recall. Count the holes! If you are replacing the hood pad, 50% of the fasteners will be garbage.

NOTE: Adding a new pad REALLY dresses up underhood. You can clear-coat em when new.

MSRP $127 locally. Fasteners 3.55 ea !! Worth .35c

PartsRack $99 ..........................................................+ $70 s/h !!

Thank you for the information, one other quick question my hood seems to sit very low the cowl has rubbing through the black to the yellow substrate, I purchased a Roe crancase ventalation kit that replaces the oil fill cap with a mister gasket, +gauze K & N type breather and the hood creased the chrome breather, I will try to get some pics, anyone else experiance this? the viper has 15,000 miles on it and am surprised, I am worried a hood pad will exacerbate the problem, am nervous about trying to adjust the hood. Thanks in advance