Hopefully picking up my 97 GTS

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious though. Is there an easy sure sign to see if the valve covers been off? I wonder if this car has 1.7 rockers in it or not.
You won't be able to tell on the rockers without pulling the valve covers. The valve covers have baffles which is a flat shield between the rockers and the cover.

I pulled mine off for powdercoating and was pleasantly surprised to find a set of T&D 1.7s under there. :headbang:

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check to see if the frame/steering rack recalls 998 and 999 have been done. One sign of being completed wrong is you can not lower the oil filter. search this forum for picks.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
call chuck tator with the vin and let him run the car and see what warranty work has been done and where. thats a good start.

but looking at that car and whats been pointed out, it better be in the high 20's to low 30's to be a good deal.

aftermarket radiator and an air bag replaced cant be good. throw in "Feedback:84.6% Positive".....

and DONT TRUST CARFAX !!!

Last edited:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like you've already made up your mind on this car. While there are a ton of near-perfect-never-wrecked cars out there, you happen to want this one. Like everyone else, i say 'proceed with a LOT of caution'. That car had front-end damage. I can tell from the pics. and with the track-wheels currently on it, who knows if it was a road or track event. RE: you sound like you don't care about whether the car was wrecked or not. In that case, just go for and be happy! but don't be surprised if there are other things that are funny w/ the car once you buy it.

I've seen good repair work... so if it is repaired well then you certainly won't care as much. But heck, for all you know that car didn't start out red!

JD

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I picked up the car. Checked it over real good and put it up on the rack. I found out more information on the car when I got to the dealership. Hennessy apprently did most of the work. It has heads/cams, full exhaust, etc. Drives like a dream.

OP
OP
F

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Hennesseys reputation i'll consider that a sarcastic comment. :lmao:

LOL....

Well so far no complaints. I know for a fact this car is faster then my 500rwhp turbo mustang. So I'm really currious to find out what kind of rwhp numbers this thing puts down.