Hot Lap Timers?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, there called "Hot-Lap Timers"
Go to http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/catlist.asp?catid=10 and you'll find evrything you need to know. How's the supercharger working for you at the track? It must have come in real handy on the straight away at Willow Springs this past week.
smile.gif

Jonathan

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jonathon. I only got a few sessions in last week because I spent most of my time coordinating and preparing for Open Track Racing's first official race. When I did get on the track, I found myself going 20MPH faster on the straights but breaking much harder preparing for the turns because of the additional speed. Big brakes and anti-toe brackets are next on my shopping list. I need more seat time to take advantage of the extra power. I'm still slow compared to many of the other Viper drivers that frequent Willow Springs.

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ACR Larry:
I'm still slow compared to many of the other Viper drivers that frequent Willow Springs.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't I know it
laugh.gif
The anti-toe brackets help but will scare the sh*t out of you first couple of sessions.

I have an extra used Hot Lap Timer if you wanna buy it, transmitter, receiver and compact display, PM me if interested, good price!

OP
OP
A

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea, THAT WAS Madman Wasserman on my tail politely urging me to move over coming through turn 8 & 9! Did I say politely and Wasserman in the same sentence? In any case, he was urging me in his very own way.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Don't I know it The anti-toe brackets help but will scare the sh*t out of you first couple of sessions.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron, I only heard the anti-toe brackets will help reduce wheel hop and shutter during high speed braking. Why do you say it will scare me for the first couple of sessions. Is there something I should know?

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by ACR Larry on 12-17-2002 at 06:02 AM</font>

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They change the handling dynamics of the car. They reduce if not eliminate all the flex in the rear. It is a good thing but I forgot I had it done and went out on the track for the first time and thought something was wrong with the car, the steering was much quicker and "lighter". Dearing told me he exerienced pretty much the same thing, you do get used to it though.