MtHam ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Forgeline VRs came in today:

You must be registered for see images

Shod with Pilot Sports: 345/30/19, and 295/35/19

To be bolted up this weekend
cool.gif

Or, I was thinking about having the lip, which is machined finished from the factory, polished-out. But that's going to take 3-4 weeks. . . hmmmm.

This is a photo of a front wheel, the lip is over 2", the rear lip is about 3.5". This is the second set sold from what I hear.

Praises to the wheel gods that I don't have to clean those da*n BBS wheels anymore.
bounce.gif

Eric

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw those on the duePont Registry mag, they look great, I was thinking of getting those, but i like my ACR wheels too much. Plus, I could not get any additional info from Forgelines web site
Could you please weigh those wheels before you put them on your car, I am sure a lot of us would like to know how much of a weight advantage these new wheels have over the GTS/ACR wheels.
Also, how much did they cost you if you don’t mind me asking?
Thanks

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please post pics when u get them on.

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by THEMASH on 04-05-2002 at 01:47 AM</font>

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet, I to would be interested in hearing cost on tires and wheels for these beast. I bet the backs are $$$$.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snakester:
I want to see the pics with the new wheels on too.
biggrin.gif

-Dean.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'M WIT HIM. COOL WHEELS THOUGH.
cool.gif

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3-4 weeks? I couldn't wait that long. Get out your sandpaper and then your metal polish and get to work. Tape and bag your tires first to keep them clean if they are going to stay on the wheels.

Great looking wheels, put me in the line for wanting to see pictures of them mounted. A big brake kit is almost mandatory with wheels that look that good. And a little duct tape isn't bad insurance when you aren't mounting on a lip but will show up more when the inners are polished.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve340:
What is that duct tape holding on inside the rim anyway?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First thing I noticed too. Go to the hardware store and pick up a roll of 2" aluminum foil tape to cover the wheel weights. Homebuilders use it to seal the cracks between foam insulation board. The aluminum tape stays put at high temperatures and looks nice, unlike duct tape which burns off from brake heat and looks like trash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas