How about this for the SRT-10

viperweb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top is the original and bottom is my version. I took the top off, put more curve in the side and added hre wheels.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Rick.

Hey, they make those "gill" things for RT/10's and GTS's right? So if someone has such an issue with the "angular" vent, surely an insert could be made for $50 or so that would create exactly the curve shown in the pic??? And some folks have always changed wheels on their cars... no biggie.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though the SRT does nothing for me the Top design is the better out of the 2. The bottom one makes it even more bland than before, just leave it alone and enjoy what you have.

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperweb,

I think your improvement, while not bad in side view, goes somewhat counter to the whole car's design. The SRT is definitely intended to tap into this new edgy trend in design. The Gen I/II, on the other hand, had the bulbous flowing lines typical of retro design. Combining them looks akward.

The SRT design has received a lot of criticism. However, if aliens mysteriously abducted all the GEN I/II cars tomorrow (who could blame them!), the SRT styling would clearly stand out against its competition.

For the record, I waited until I had seen an SRT in person before purchasing, and while I prefer and purchased a GTS, my wife MUCH preferred the SRT.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jrkermode:
The SRT is definitely intended to tap into this new edgy trend in design. The Gen I/II, on the other hand, had the bulbous flowing lines typical of retro design. Combining them looks akward.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The SRT is not a Viper and shouldn't be called one. If they hadn't done the "edgy thing" to it, I wouldn't be so hostile toward the styling.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
The SRT design has received a lot of criticism. However, if aliens mysteriously abducted all the GEN I/II cars tomorrow
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not gonna happen.

Give the car to GM and let them put a Caddy badge on it. It would fit right in with the product line and they'd sell like hotcakes.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, it seems to me that most of the people who don't like the SRT-10 love the Gen 2's. Nearly all of my friends feel that the SRT is much more snake-like. Sleeker, stealthier, sexier. It looks like a more modern car, and the rear-end finally looks like it can handle 450+hp.

The SRT is a Viper, no mistake, it just goes about portraying the snake motif in an entirely different manner, which appeals to a completely different audience.