How can we **** out FAKES like VENOM 800?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you guys feel like your being overrun by "posers" than institue a "authenticated user" policy. Lets say it was a section of the UBB like preferences where a VIN or other form of vehicle ID could be placed. Once authenticated, a symbol could apear under the posters name. Everyone can still post, but authenticated users would know that the person he/she is talking to is an owner.

Don't close the forum, please! I'm not an owner yet, and probably would never be if I couldn't actualy talk to other owners from around the country about issues. Update the FAQ with more things if you fellas are tired of answering the basic questions over and over (but it gives you something to do right?
smile.gif
). Complete specs on Gen1 cars, color combos, known issues, recals, etc. would have been the point where I started before asking questions (if it existed).

Ok, i've said my .02 cents

James

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just make one SECTION that has a POSTING limitation to owners only. Similar to the way the New Products section was limited to only tuners/suppliers.

I read this board for over two years before I bought my Viper. The answers I received and even the car I purchased were a direct result of the posts I was able to make to this board. I think it should be open for all to READ. And I think most of it should be open for anyone to post. Non-owners should be able to read everything, maybe a posting limitation would encourage some new readers to use the ARCHIVES to answer those familiar newbee questions too.

Matt

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom800

Got to know - Where did you find a 45 degree hill with a road on it? Sounds steep (and deep
smile.gif
)to me. And, let me think for a moment, you lifted the front wheels off the ground with the ground at a 45 degree angle. I would like to know the physics involved. Any engineers here that could explain that?

Also, what dealership do you know that does body work as a part of the warranty?

I believe you continue to dig a deep hole with your story telling.

Ron

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom 800,

I was apologizing by the way, not trying to make you more annoyed. I actually would like to get together some time because we obviously have at least one similar interest. Next time I've got a minute I will be sure to check out 33rd and Main. In fact, I'd like to peel up whatever is on the road there and replace the first 60 feet of our local drag strip with it!!

PMUM,

For a change we agree, I think posts like Venom800s are fine and add some spice to the board. I'm not quite ready for group counselling with ya just yet, buy hey, with time...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PMUM: I have actually been campaigning for a "Moderators Only" message board. Think how pleasant it would be!

<FONT COLOR="purple">fade to dream sequence....</FONT c>

Y2KGTS: Here are some pictures of my car by the laundromat!

Vipermad: *shrug*

Joseph Houss: Don't forget the raffle!

Y2KGTS: Here are some pictures of my car with me in my underoos

Vipermad: Do you mean me?

Joseph Houss: Say, did I mention the raffle?

Y2KGTS: Here are some pictures of a road I once drove on with my car

Vipermad: *shrug*

Steve Ferguson: Dodge is good, really good

Y2KGTS: Here is a picture of the air that went into my car. Anybody got a job for me yet?

<FONT COLOR="purple">brightens back to reality...</FONT c>

Ah, if it could only come true...
You must be registered for see images

Chris

PS. Apologies to my good friends Tony, Joe, & Steve. Please don't throw me back to the wolves from So Cal!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIN #s as monitoring would be crap, anyone can get a vin # to plug in from a viper for-sale ad...

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, don't forget the last part of that proposed thread:

The Wiz banning you for life for saying "underoos". It's blatantly offensive to children that read the board. And further, people won't buy Vipers because of your obscene comments and will then buy Chevys.

Will

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Steve F. - I vote for the site to model after sites like www.silverstateclassic.com. On their dissussion board, you have to be a paid member to be able to post. Everyone else can read it. You could create a separate forum on the VCA site, for non-Viper owners, where legitimate enthusiasts and potential owners can post questions/comments about the Viper."

-As another new owner eluded to, some of you guys are taking the concept of a Viper Community way too seriously. The Viper Board is a forum for Viper enthusiasts - that's it. Whether owner, prospective owner or admirer, the forum was established for the benefit of anyone of interest in the Dodge Viper.

I have two issues with the above post (and I mean no disrespect to the person who made the above statement):

1. With regard to site traffic, the main Discussion Forum is where 100% of the site visitors go. I would guess that only a VERY small percentage of the Discussion Forum traffic actually venture in to the other Board sites. By limiting post access of non VCA members (and it should be noted that NOT ALL VIPER OWNERS ARE VCA MEMBERS) you are limiting their ability to obtain valuable information from informed Viper owners who will never see their posts. I for one know that when I was looking at sport cars, it was having access to current Viper owners and their experiences that helped me in making my decision. Without being able to pose questions to current owners I may not be sitting in my ’00 GTS today.

2. Personally, I invest enough (or plan to) in my car. I do not want to have to pay to surf a car enthusiast site. Additionally, paid membership does not mean you will solve the perceived problem of “inappropriate posts".

Bottom line.....lighten up. Everyone on this board can spot a phony.

-Will

PMUM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Horrrah!!!!!

How have you been able to go on with your lives? I'm just glad that I didn't read that post because I'm sure my life would be an utter mess after reading something that was so blatently unfactual. Maybe we can all enroll in group counselling and get through this together. I just don't know how you can go on with your lives after reading something so offensive. You guys are truly an inspiration for those of us that are so "serious" that we go mental everytime we read something we don't like!

I think we should all vote to ban the moderators for allowing something like that to tarnish our fragile minds. I bet we all know what they were doing instead of keeping our board safe from the likes of Venom 800.....

You must be registered for see images attach

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ok, de-lurking here, as a non-Viper owner, looking for a 97 or 98 GTS in the Maryland area, and very pleased with all the information, owner-member, and non-owner, participation I see on this board as opposed to many other dead, member only, boards.

I would like to put forth an alternative that has worked very
well in my sailing club.

Some are sailboat owners, and some are not. Some are full club members, and some are associate members. ALL are paid club supporting members, at different levels. The full club members pay an annual full fee and have full rights. Associate members pay a smaller supporting fee which entitles them to club meetings and comments and newsletters. We have our own sailing training and everyone learns as much as he/she wishes. All are identified and all pay to support the club. True, it is a much smaller club but the concepts have worked for many years.

I, and I suspect many others, would gladly pay a fee as an associate member to support the club and benefit from all of the expertise until I can acquire my own Viper.

Viper Magazine gladly took my subscription payment, and I very much appreciate being able to read -and post- on this board. My .02 for keeping it open.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi