How can we **** out FAKES like VENOM 800?

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke with John Hennessey after I saw the posting by Venom 800 and that guy/kid does not own an 800TT. I feel so much time and space is wasted by people that don't own Vipers. Now I have heard the point that we should not block out everyone from posting on this site. but can it be possible to have a VCA or a Viper Owner forum? Venom800 wrote "dude...it jumps so much...at one time...I was standin' on a hill... i was **** scared...cuz this 45foot long truck was behind me...and i knew the car was gonna role back...so i hit the gas lil too hard ...i wasn't thinkin' clearly...it was lil too hot i guess...and i let go of the clutch really fast...the car picked up from the front...and hit the ground...good thing i have bumper to bumper warranty...so i get everything fixed and replaced.." now does that sound like the kind of info that is needed here? I know Joe Houss was kind enough to respond to this but what waist of time. maybe we can find some sort of KID LOCK. or have a been there done that section with ALL the WAX, Year difference, what color should I get? For soon to be owners. Have the stuff already answered so they can go to it. If you are a new Viper owner and you need any of that answered..just click. to all the other Viper owners COME on and pay your dues its well worth it!! if you spend time looking at this board then you have time to join and participate in local club events.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must be the only one that believed it could pull the front wheels,... then again I beleive in pro-wrestling.

We all know what is BS and what isn't.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I thought that Venom800 guy was for real................................................Nawww, just kidding!
laugh.gif

On a more serious note, I thought the Venom800 post was mildly entertaining. The only more entertaining post I saw today was BigJim's "I got some good tips"....Otherwise, I see the usual array of technoweenie, Viper color, events listings, etc. That stuff is fine, but let's not ban every single form of entertainment on this board!

I mean shoot, we've already banned kill stories, now if we ban posers and sequester Zaino and year-difference FAQ, this will be the deadest board on the Internet! Sorry, couldn't resist. My apologies.
smile.gif

But if you want a serious recommendation, I suggest that the admins add a field to the user profile for car VIN. That way, if you think someone is bogus, you can check whether they have a valid VIN. Or the board could ID the user as being a valid Viper owner or not. But don't restrict someone's ability to post based on this. This is a step short of banning or sequestering anyone, allowing some freedom of speech and entertainment value to be retained, while also allowing guys like Joe to choose not to waste their time.

Just my thoughts.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wayne,
I did not participate in your thread, though I read much of it. I still think it is too extreme to ban people from posting unless they have a valid VIN. For example, a number of guys like Beach Bum from the Corvette Forum come over here and post valuable information. I like to hear their input. That wouldn't be possible in your recommended scenario.

I offer a compromise position; have the VIN as part of the profile, and maybe have the board ID the VIN as valid or not. Let people post (unless they break the rules, which I believe Venom800 did not), and people can respond or not based on reviewing the profile if they so choose.

No offense to my fellow Viper owners, but this will become a more dull place without diversity.

BobK898

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why sweat it, just take it for what it was worth. Every board has a few miscreants, kind of spices up things now and then.

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
God knows I love when people spice things up a bit. I also like the idea of VCA # or VIN for non members. everyone is still allowed to post. I think haveing the extra info next to the name helps out when you are posting reply's thats all

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are a VCA member you can get the text Proud VCA Member under your name. If you aren't a VCA member well...you should be.

Reaction score
A couple of years ago I went to Moab in my Hummer and accidently came upon a Hummer Club meeting. These characters were quite conceited. After chitchatting for a short time I decided that I did not buy a Hummer to be arrogant (I even do just about all of my own repairs and maintainence including welding) and left and have not been interested in joining a car club since. I also own a 1997 GTS and have yet to join any club; I'd hate to think that I couldn't communicate with people who could not afford to own such a nice car. Always remember that you are quite priviledged to own such a beautiful vehicle and that you will do far more in terms of creating happiness by being inclusive of all rather than being exclusive.

(My friend belongs to the Nevada VCA and could never get me to join when I lived there, so bad was my experience with the Hummer guys)

Hisser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the posts and the officers have been working on this for some time now but I have not heard of any of their solutions yet.

Afy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jcaspar1:
If you are a VCA member you can get the text Proud VCA Member under your name. If you aren't a VCA member well...you should be.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>While I agree with you whole heartedly.. some of us arent VCA members as yet. Personally I am undecided due to my experience with the corvette clubs. I belonged to two and the only time I attended a meeting was to sign up..
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Thus am undecided about the VCA..

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another thing, if you were to ban people who don't own Vipers, how would people who are prospective owners be able to gather information from actual owners? What better way than to ask them in a ubb.

I do not own a Viper, nor do I pretend to. I would like to in the near future (budget providing). There are quite a few non-Viper owners here who give lots of valuable feedback as well.

Heck, if I hadn't been given a ride by Mike Brunton, offered to me on this very ubb, I wouldn't have decided I wanted to car so soon. I would still be waiting for a 2005-2006 GTS, if there ever is one.

That's why I think it'd be better to have some way of identifying Viper owners, but not making the VCA site only Viper owners.

Look at the Corvette forum, people with all types of cars go there, many more than we have here. (I think mainly because they have the images in their sigs, with pics of their cars
smile.gif
)

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!

Some people take this site and club MUCH too serious.

Venom800 Never said he owned a 800TT, reread his post. I read his post and only thing I saw is he chose thta name.

Goes to show you that some VCA's can be a bit snobbish when a non member posts. This is a great site, but the VCA isn't for everyone.

Now, lets get off our soapbox, enjoy ourselves and have fun!

Gerald

Reaction score
Respectfully, let's not go overboard..... That's what the moderators are for.
If we impose a barrage of censorship to keep out those who currently don't own a Viper, what are we truly going to accomplish?

The privilege of posting on this OPEN forum without creating a "Gestapo Atmosphere" is what I prefer to establish. However, this is only my opinion and others have just as much right to voice theirs
smile.gif
!

Respectfully,
Doug

OP
OP
P

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Agree with you Tony. Guyver1 look at my post!! I said nothing about Non Viper owners posting. I THINK THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO POST. I just think that Avatars and Proud VCA members signs help in who your dealing with. Doug, great tuners such as yourself will always be heard and respected....viper owner or not.

Reaction score
Prashant Prashant Prashant....I should has knew this post would be from you.
laugh.gif
They do need a section where all there is on it is ZAINO ZAINO ZAINO. What's the difference in models and so on....Tony????

By the way Prashant you going to get your new ride tomorrow?

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about a "twit-bit" option? For those people who want "purity", they could only view posts made by VCA members. The rest of us can enjoy the variety of posts that come from Supra/Vette owners, prospective owners, etc...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think this list should be restrictive. Many reasons: snobbish, less informative, wannabies, newbies, snobbish again.

I don't think a person's handle should matter. If that is so then what is ViperMad all about.

-Avi
Inbreeding = *****
$0.01 (after the stock market correction)

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This board is there to talk (mostly) about Vipers.
Why do you need to own a Viper to be able to talk about Vipers?

Should only peoples that own a 2000,be "allowed"to talk about the 2000?
Some peoples seems to be taking their Viper way to seriously,It is a great car but,it is still only a car.

I think that it is great and good for the Viper that peoples that don't own one, want to talk about it.

I couldn't care less if someone said that he have a Viper when in fact he only own a scale model!!!!!

Don't we all talk about the other "sex" without being part of the other sex?

FREEDOM, is what this great country is all about, so please,enjoy your freedom and let the others peoples enjoy their

Luc.
2000 GTS Vin # 1B3ER69E3YV604932
1969 Mustang Mach 1 Cobra Jet "R code"
1969 Mustang race car 650hp
1965 Fake Shelby race car 550hp
1994 Patton Formula v
1974 Jaguar Roadster V12
1988 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Jaguar XJR
1984 Jeep Wagonner 245.000 miles
1995 ford Explorer
2001 GMC Yukon XL 8.1 liter
1975 Kawasaki Z1 900
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200
2000 Kawasaki ZRX 1100
2001 Kawasaki ZX-12R 170hp rear wheel

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, You emailed me and indicated that the Venom you sold on ebay went to a person in Chicago. What this a 800 or a different model? Did the deal fall through?

Reaction score
Steve that buyer was a fake buyer off of E-bay. Probably just some kid playing around on there.

I have a Venom 800 though John....on the front of my Motor Trend Magazine....
laugh.gif

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an idea, why not just ban everyone who refuses to list their VIN or VCA status? Or maybe if we really want an enlightened board, we can ban everyone who isn't a VCA member with a valid VIN living in Texas. Yeah.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Hennessey / HMS:

For the record, there is only one Venom 800 TT on the road - my car. Venom 800's #2, 3 and 4 are in my shop right now.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, guess the LPE guys better get ready - when the 800 TT's finally roll off the assembly line there might be a bit of a showdown, assuming fossil fuels are still available and people haven't switched over to Blade Runner hovercraft. (Sorry, Jon, couldn't resist.)

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Open the board to posts from Texas only, and ban all posters from Orange County. (they're probably used to it by now anyway!)
cool.gif

dmora

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Middle Tennessee:
Steve that buyer was a fake buyer off of E-bay. Probably just some kid playing around on there.

I have a Venom 800 though John....on the front of my Motor Trend Magazine....
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Theres a picture of me in that article. Actually the picture is of a lot of supra owners that Hennessey came and hung out with us.

I like reading viper forums. I try to confine myself to off-topic and rarely venture into the main discussion boards. I dont think the issue is that you all need a Viper owners ONLY section, because all those parts are already there... they are just public. The main board, the tech section, yada yada yada...Just make those locked forums if you dont want non viper people in them. that way you dont need to have a seperate forum... weve tried this on some other boards like supraforums and texasracingscene. No one really visits those sections.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Another Energizer bunny topic.

I've seen posts by several non-viper owners that have higher quality content than viper owners/vca members.

Several techs contributed great info. Wayne (Bad Viper) has been a part of the viper community for years but doesn't have a viper today. I'd rather keep these non owner/members posting in all areas and put up with posers from time 2 time than lose them all.

Sure, if it became read only for non-owners, potential owners could read and research the board. But asking the questions, even the redundant ones just makes for a more inviting, balanced, and "alive" forum.

Just being a club member or owner does not validate the accuracy of the post. I was at ALMS in Vegas a few years ago listening to an owner/member stating how his gen 1 block was cast iron and therefore stronger than the alloy gen 2 block!

I agree that the VCA-ST (Viper Club of America Smack Team) will chase away the inane and bogus people with ease and entertainment.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venom 800,

I think the reason people thought you were a kid was because you started your original post with "dude...". You're living in Vancouver, we don't surf much up here so we really haven't developed that speech impediment Californians have (just joking!).

The second thing that probably made people think you either were a child or didn't have a Viper was that you seem to have been saying that your car picked up the front end high enough to do damage when it came back down, I quote "...and i let go of the clutch really fast...the car picked up from the front...and hit the ground...good thing i have bumper to bumper warrenty...so i get everything fixed and replaced.." The only thing I can think may have happened is when you popped the clutch, your car happened to also fall off a curb at the stop light or something to make the car touch the ground. Because frankly, otherwise it wouldn't be possible with standard street tires, factory horsepower, no VHT, and a heavy pig of a ten cylinder engine in the front.

So, if you were being serious in your original post, I apologize and people didn't think you were because of the tone of the post and the impossible description.

If you are a Viper owner from Vancouver I look forward to meeting you at one of the VCA events coming up. And feel free to keep posting...just don't start your posts with "Dude!".