How Common are the Blue Coupes?

K

Kaya

Well, my dealer decided to try to speed up my car delivery and he ordered a second car. The two cars he ordered are already built and sitting in inventory. I asked if I could get Blue instead of black and he said yes. So my car will be GTS Blue..he said it is a premium paint code.

When I look at dodge's website it just says Viper Blue...I got the dealer brochure and it doesn't even have the color choice samples. The car has no stripes and regular wheels.

I am very excited because the Z06 I just sold was electron blue and I really wanted blue in the first place....

Is there any place to find production numbers for different years? Like how many cars sold in each color.

Carpenter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes you can find the build numbers, however they are not out yet. Welcome Kaya, Nice to have a lady freind on this site.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very excited because the Z06 I just sold was electron blue and I really wanted blue in the first place....

Just me wondering here...had you ordered the black one 1st? Why not just order the blue one 1st if thats the color you wanted? Are they charging more for blue than they are black? Either way, congrats and great choice on a Viper! Hope you enjoy it :)

OP
OP
K

Kaya

The black car was ordered by our dealer/friend and he said he had to sell it before he got a second car. He ordered it before we decided to buy (I was still looking for a Z06). The price was too good for me to be picky. After I committed to purchase the black car, he said was going to go ahead and order another car...

He said it might speed up the order on mine and he was able to give a similar deal for car number 2...so I asked if he could get blue and if I could still get the agreed on price of car 1...he said yes...

I think the black car will sell where we are pretty easily and there were several people looking at purchasing the car. I jumped in line first because I was afraid to loose the price.

I also sold my two cars (Z06 and Z28) in a week...we ran them through the dealer as a trade, so he basically has a 20k deposit.

The dealer cost for the blue was $600 more...of course it didn't matter. I was so excited to get the color I really wanted. Black would have been just fine, I had a Black FRC Vette and a Black Z28...but blue is a lot easier to keep clean. Blue also fits my personality...hehehe..

I am going to get either BLUVIPR or VNOMOUS as my tag...

Now I just have to sit and wait and hang out here......and drive the Stratus that the dealer let me borrow
:shocked:

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a no-stripe Blue Coupe at the Dodge dealer down here, however they have a $3,000 "market adjustment" and a $10,000 "limited production" mark-up on top of the MSRP. :rolleyes:

I tried working with them on a yellow SRT-10, however they would not budge from their mark-ups. I showed up a few weeks later with my Bill P./Woodhouse delivered Copperhead, and they refused to believe what I paid.

OP
OP
K

Kaya

Pictures? Do you have pictures and when did you buy your car? Is it GTS blue on the window sticker? Any other options besides the H spoke wheels?

OP
OP
K

Kaya

The GTS Blue color is a premium paint code and costs more...no stripes...this is very common in Corvettes, they always have a few colors that cost more due to extra layers of clear coat or specialty mettallic paints...the Mustang also has a color mystichrome that was an extra for 2004 Cobras.

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am taking delivery of a solid blue coupe this week. I've always liked the Viper GTS blue and now I get to own a new Viper in my favorite color.

One question I have is that some of the cars have a blacked out rear diffuser and some don't.

Any one know why?

Kaya,

I had a 1999 Nassau Blue Vette which I loved and the GTS Blue is very similar so I'm hoping it looks as good as I think it will.

OP
OP
K

Kaya

I am so worked up that I either can't sleep or I dream of Vipers all night.....hehehe...my husband is ready to strangle me. Hehehe

And the Nassau Blue Vettes were awesome....that and EB both remind me of the GTS blue....I am gonna love the blue.

Thanks for sharing pics of your Blue Vipers.

OP
OP
K

Kaya

Here's a pic of what my car will look like..

You must be registered for see images

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Blue with White Stripe "First Edition" Coupe. There are 200 of these being made in blue alone.

I also think the blue paint costs more because it is a metallic paint. It looks incredible under the sun.

I also really love the new 5 spoke wheels that are available as an option and part of the first edition package.

Overall I think it's one of the hotter colors but honestly the average everyday person probably easily confuses these with the older 97's not knowing any better as a few people have asked me what year it was?

I get stopped everywhere, questioned at every gas station, crowds at every food stop and so on. Having also had many Vettes that got mild attention there just is no comparision on the whole Vette vs Viper front from this perspective.

OP
OP
K

Kaya

I am so excited I can not wait....I sat in the Black Coupe at the dealer for almost a hour on Monday. My car should be here in two to three weeks.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte