How do you say "No" Politely

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think I've driven Chads though....supposedly it's some kind of "collectors edition" :eater:
!!

Special half yellow edition! :)

I was told a line by the original owner of my car when I purchased it. He said he tells them the following (and I have used it many times):

Only two people drive this car: Me and God.

And God is still waiting for his turn! ;)

They normally think for a moment, laugh, and I make sure the subject changes while they are doing that.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it's pretty ballsy of anyone to ask that of you. It's essentially like asking to sleep with your wife. It's a ******* question that deserves a ******* answer; you don't have to be tactful with your response.

TRUE friends and TRUE car guys would never ask. I'd let my brother or dad drive my old car because they respect the vehicle and have the means to pay for it if something happened. Letting anyone outside of another Viper guy drive the TT or Roe car would be negligent on my part. I've offered the keys of my Roe car to another GTS owner to take for a spin and he declined. I'll take people for spirited runs in the TT (I have a long list adding up) but no one will drive it.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's pretty ballsy of anyone to ask that of you. It's essentially like asking to sleep with your wife. It's a ******* question that deserves a ******* answer; you don't have to be tactful with your response.

TRUE friends and TRUE car guys would never ask. I'd let my brother or dad drive my old car because they respect the vehicle and have the means to pay for it if something happened. Letting anyone outside of another Viper guy drive the TT or Roe car would be negligent on my part. I've offered the keys of my Roe car to another GTS owner to take for a spin and he declined. I'll take people for spirited runs in the TT (I have a long list adding up) but no one will drive it.

Jason, I know how some people don't really like anybody else to drive their car because of other things than just the driving part. But since I have driven my Viper, I think the Main reason you shouldn't let anybody else drive it is Definitely because of the driving part of it (if that makes sense) I've had alot of cars, but NONE have ever driven the way this one does. I don't think people know how easy it is for this car to get away from you in a second, I didn't until I decided to find out first hand, believe me now I know (some people find out too late) these cars are very dangerous. I promise you I respect it.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Grow a set and just say "No"...my goodness has the pussification of America reached Viper owners now?

KFactor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ask them if they have $50K in their pocket. that usually has them saying no. My dad and bro are still super mad that they have only ever seen the passenger side and neither of them understands. Plain and simple, someone who has never driven a car with no traction control and usually 500+hp, needs to buy one to try one!

.....or just start laughing.....yeeeaaaahhhhh NO!

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say no, but then offer to take then for a 'spin' or maybe some call it a ride! ...anyway, they are normally speechless afterwards :rolaugh: and with a little tremor :smirk: