How do you..........

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, did I do it this time! :dunno:

Somehow, my key/door unlocker thingy wont open my doors so I can get in, my 03! I can open the trunk with the key. If I do get in, I hope it starts up.

Battery has lots O juice.

Pressing the open button does nothing

Pressing the lock button does nothing

and the red button does nothing..

Do any of you learned have some ideas what to do with this situation? :)

Cheers

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Yep - there is a key opening on the door just under the mirror on the drivers side. That will at least get you in. Good luck after that.

V

Venomiss

Here's a picture for you:

You must be registered for see images

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Don't forget the "hip-check" part of using the external key hole. basically make sure you push in on the door as you turn the key... otherwise the force required is nearly enough to break the key off in the cylinder.

So use your right hip into the door near the entry handle, and your left hand to turn the key in the cylinder.:eater:

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you are inside the car put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON POSITION only and wait until everything recycles. then turn it off and then restart as normal. My 2003 car battery and key fob battery are still the original ones.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you are inside the car put the key in the ignition and turn it to the ON POSITION only and wait until everything recycles. then turn it off and then restart as normal. My 2003 car battery and key fob battery are still the original ones.

Hi Robbie...have missed your informative posts lately!! Glad to see you back. ~juli

OP
OP
W

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Done! followed your instructions, and she fired right up.. Aside from my little Viper having to spend the night in the spooky forest, she's just fine now.

Thanks All for your prompt assistance.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Done! followed your instructions, and she fired right up.. Aside from my little Viper having to spend the night in the spooky forest, she's just fine now.

Thanks All for your prompt assistance.

Was This a Blonde joke???:lmao:

Really glad you got it going.

OP
OP
W

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL, well yea I wash this thing, being a black car and all, it never gets washed enough; and I do recall seeing that key thingy, but I thought it was a screw hole, where, somehow, a body panel fastener screw fell out, O Joy I thought.

Anyhow, the reason the car was in the woods overnight, was that I took her up to the shooting range, and had to to leave her there, and go back the next day. Quite an ordeal really, gotta hand it to my pal, who drove me home, picked me up the next day and took me back there. Yes, I felt about like a dumb blond, when I realized how easy it was to get in!!!:lmao:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine