How hard/expensive is it to upgrade the 94 viper with air conditioning?

bigr1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone know how much dodge charges for this upgrade? Are there any other options (aftermarket kits)? thanks all...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have everthing that you will need to do this for your viper. the air is from a 95 which i pulled when i built a racer. if your interested email me.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bigr1:
does anyone know how much dodge charges for this upgrade? Are there any other options (aftermarket kits)? thanks all...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When Dodge did carry this complete A/C kit in 93-94-95 it was about $3200, total, for Timberline Dodge to install. It was discontinued long ago, and PartsRack bought out the remaining kits at that time. We sell them now for about $3500.

Frank Hemidaytona's is likley a good option as well, and he will probably charge you a bit less!

Need it? Depends on where you live! The motor and exhaust make the cockpit a sauna.........

rhansenjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had our dealer, Contemporary CPD in Milford NH, add A/C to our '94RT10 after the trip to Orlando, Florida for the Viper Owners Invitational. With the soft-top or hardtop the A/C makes it a civil touring car. The factory kit is identical to original equipment and can't be told factory installed or dealer installed. The total bill was about $2500. For a while the parts weren't available from Chrysler, but I think they are now. If your dealer can't help you, e-mail me and I'll go back to Contemporary and get parts numbers and installation cost estimate. By the way, ours works great.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If one of you chooses to add A-C, there is a plate on the front of the '94 heater case that needs to be removed so the A-C lines can get to the evaporator core. I am missing that plate. If
you do make the change, I would love to buy that cover from
you as mine is MIA. Again, the local dealer is not much help.
Thanks

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Paul--you may want to make sure your A/C is charged up. The A/C in my '94 worked great...even with no windows in it made a huge difference.

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost our A/C last year at VOI-6 on our way down to St. Louis (A/C line ws rubbing against the chassis), and everybody who went there for VOI-6 knows how hot it was there then! We left the top on, took the windows off, and obviously did survive (think I lost about 10 lbs from the sauna effect).?When we got back, we had the line replaced under warranty (the line now has two stand off brackets instead of the original one to prevent chaffing),and it works incredibly well now. If it seems not to be working all that well, then yes, you are probably losing your charge of gas, and it is indeed time to have it checked.
A/C, don't leave home without it!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
When Dodge did carry this complete A/C kit in 93-94-95 it was about $3200. It was discontinued long ago, and PartsRack bought out the remaining kits at that time. We sell them now for about $3500.

Yes the A/C kit was discontinued three years ago. Part# 82300566 MSRP $1750! I've installed many of this kits and my out the door price was $2350 + tax! They are no more kits on the Partslocator. BIGR1 I'd take HEMIDAYTNA on his offer!
ROBERT1994 I have saved all the none A/C parts and theirs no plate your talking about? Why dont you call me here at the Dealership and maybe we can come up with something.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, I thought only the 92s and early 93s didn't have AC?! Or is that the models that had the exterior antenna? When did AC become standard?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
92 and half of 93's no A/C and had an exterior antenna. Then they droped the antenna and went to the windshield antenna and offered the A/C as an option up to the end of 95. 96 and up A/C is standard equipment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX