How long before you received your Viper did you have financing approved/settled?

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As the topic asks, how long before your Viper arrived did you have financing already approved & arranged? Thanks in advance.

- Matt

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No financing here-- just a wire transfer from a money market. No--not bragging! John

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I finished paying off my divorce some 4 years ago, I went looking for a fun car immediately as my budget easily allowed for it. I got pre-approved at my bank for more than I intended to spend and went looking....that helps.

If I were to finance any vehicle now, I'd use http://www.penfed.org as they have 4.25% car loans (which allows someone to use their cash in an investment and pocket the difference between your investment's gain and this low rate) and they'll pre-approve you.....once you have the check, you fill it out for less than you're pre-approved for and you're set.

My original bank screwed me on the financing on the first Viper I wanted to buy, taking 8 days to send the check....the seller got concerned and returned my deposit and sold to someone else for $1500 less money. The 2nd Viper I found worked fine (I returned the unused check to that bank, closed my accounts and wished them well and do business with a different bank now) and I'll have her paid off either late this year or very early into next.....then I'll buy my 2nd Viper.

Oh yeah, here's the ironic part of this story, the bank chain that gave me a hard time after pre-approving me and getting that check to me because I am a "foreign national" (read immigrant from the Great White North) was recently bought by a National Canadian bank!

Regards,
Aaron

pe5787

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont think your financials come into play when you put an order in. I am cutting a check but was only asked for a deposit. Now Im playing the waiting game.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With 4% interest, there's little reason to not finance. I had my financing in place months before to lock in a low rate. I'd recommend 2 weeks or so.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just wrote a check after holding back on some CDs.

My wife STILL thinks I (we?) can't afford it and she has YET to sit in or ride in the car after 3 years and 32800 miles.

It is HER loss!!