How long for complete exhaust job?

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to be taking my car (1997 GTS) to my tech for some exhaust work including:

Bellanger Headers
RT Cats
Corsa Exhaust

How long should that take him to do?

Thanks!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think a Tech should be able to take care of it all in a few hours, if he has done it before. If not, might take him most of the day.
I did it myself with a friend and it took me all day. But it was my first time and I was in no hurry!
Good luck!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It takes me about 5 to 6 hours and that is if the old exhaust system comes off easily! Be sure your Tech puts your Heat Shields back on!!
Fire suit on! :D

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, what chuck said... and that is best case scenario. Those times are assuming that you dont have a stubborn connection, or any extra fabrication...

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In agreement with the above...I put on high flow cats and a cat back system in my garage in about 4 hours. I would add 2 hours for the headers.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Start the prep by putting Kroil on all the bolts/fasteners. Be careful about what Chuck said (do some research) about the heat shields. Balenger doesn't recommend the heat shields. These are a light gauge aluminized material and if the heat shields attached and contacting the headers you could have longevity problems. On the other hand, stainless headers (non-Balenger) probably need the heat shields. I have the dual ceramic coating (Balengers) without heat shields and the engine compartment runs cooler than oem with heat shields.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my mate mechanic did it all in 6 hours start to finish, including welding the cats, with me holding/helping where possible, all the right air/tools and on a ramp. It was the first viper he had done, so no doubt he'd be quicker if he did it again

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buckeye Viper,

Where in Columbus are you taking your car for this work? Nelson? Just curious. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi