How loud is too loud????

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok, I hear alot of you talk about cerrtain mufflers that are just too loud. I just want to know which ones exactly. Can't include Corsa, Im just not crazy about that raspy sound. what about mopar and belanger? Would a setup of Belanger headers, one of the above mufflers, and no cats be a good sound? On my truck (chevy) I have a crate 350 with ****** headers, flowmasters and no cats. How much louder than that could I expect???

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, but what setup would provide the best "bat out of hell, look at me I sound like im running Daytona loud?

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a tnt 3inch cat back setup... geez that thing is loud. Sets off car alarms and always keeps me in the running for most hated neighbor of the year award.

Bat out of hell is the only way to describe it, and I love every decibel! Just get used to going "HUH!!!???" when you're trying to talk to your passenger. :D

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bingo, thats exactly what I'm looking for. Dont care about too much drone, none of that. Just after the loud factor:)

BDZ1984

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, ok :) how about open headers? unbearable or flippin' awesome :)

Flippin' awesome......... Is there no other way???? now if this is your daily driver than something tamer might be better

OP
OP
V

ViperCrazed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry for the lamo termenology :) if i had a viper it wouldnt be a daily. just something to have fun in on the weekends.:)

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Belanger from the heads to the tips with stock cats with the inlet and outlet enlarged to 3" and two little mufflers on each side (what Lou calls the quietest system he ever built) and I think it is stupid - no make that ******** - loud. Hate it.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am a GEN 1 which is a totally different sound then GEN2, my exhaust is a Roe HI-Flo cat with the Roe mufflers...VERY VERY VERY LOUD..and my headers are stock! I honestly wouldn't want it any louder and I am a fan of LOUD.....I would listen to a few setups at some of the local events before actually making the decision...

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the setup you describe: Belanger headers, no cats and the Mopar cat-back exhaust. Sounds great, but not too loud in the car itself. Sets off car alarms a-plenty. We had a guy in our region who went the straight-pipe route and it just didn't sound that great. I'm very happy with the sound I ended up with.

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my Gen I, I have Valaya headers, Comp Couple exhaust (with mini-cats) and have also done heads, cam, larger throttle bodies and T&D's.
It is so loud it sets off car alarms in my neighborhood. At 1500 RPM's. And the cars are in their garages. And the garages are ~100' from the street!
When it is wide open, it is thunderous (and awesome!). I wouldn't mind if it was a bit quieter through the neighborhood, but neighbor relations are overrated anyway. :)
I tried the quiet route, and was unhappy w/ the sound.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my Gen I, I have Valaya headers, Comp Couple exhaust (with mini-cats) and have also done heads, cam, larger throttle bodies and T&D's.
It is so loud it sets off car alarms in my neighborhood. At 1500 RPM's. And the cars are in their garages. And the garages are ~100' from the street!
When it is wide open, it is thunderous (and awesome!). I wouldn't mind if it was a bit quieter through the neighborhood, but neighbor relations are overrated anyway. :)
I tried the quiet route, and was unhappy w/ the sound.

Would love to hear that~! SICK! :headbang:

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To many Van Halen concerts in my younger days, so almost anything is to loud for me. I put earplugs in when I drive for extended periods especially on the interstate and all that I have is Snake Oyl high flow cats and mufflers!

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This plate was intended for my GTS which had B&B, no cats and borlas. It sounded frikkin fantastic. My current SRT is not really worth of this plate. I need to fix that.

8372srt_wheels_002_Medium_-med.jpg

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 510ci, solid roller, high compression stroker motor with headers, no cats, full 3" exhause and 18" dynomax mufflers - mine is pretty loud.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte