How many C.C. tix were sold???

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered my ticket on the last friday 12-9-05, and they had sold 1600-1700 up to that point in the afternoon with more orders rolling off the fax as we spoke.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sent mine in three weeks ago, and was #1463 if I remember right. Sent in a couple of others , earlier, but we should find out the winner and the numbers fairly soon.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the multiple e-mails, but there is a very condensed time to sell these tickets due to regulations of the state.

Many people do not know that none of your $100 dues goes to the National VCA. It is all designated for regional club and J.R. Thompson for administration. All the profits are directed right back to the national Membership.

None of the National Board are paid a single penny. They donate all their time, and many also donate administrative expenses.
Only through these special, one of a kind auctions can the National Club function, so for everyone that has purchased a ticket, please accept our sincerest thanks, and good luck to everyone.

For many, this auction is the only way they can obtain a Comp Coupe. Normal proceedures require competion experience, or a competition license to quality. Since Skip Thomas of ViperDays has donated a complete 3 day, personally supervised driving school, that requirement has been waived.

Hope I win!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
VCC Raffle tickets sold: Approx 2000...a FLURRY came in at the last minute, so not all cards have been billed, or entered into the database. The final # is still up in the air......but looking good for "about 2000" Raffle drawing FRIDAY 12/16, so i suspect some might not even receive their ticket before the drawing, but REST ASSURED you can still win if your ticket is enroute.....

On a similiar note, 68 members returned the VCA Red/White Barrett-Jackson offer, and 50 were drawn. Several backed out, and several more were drawn, TENTATIVELY selling the 50 VCA cars

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is the case that both the raffle and VCA car programs were successful, this would assure the financial stability of the National VCA into 06. Thank you everybody that took part.

In addition I would like to thank Jon for his unwavering support of this club.
His generous donation of a car cover, set of upgraded brake pads and top notch trailer tie down for the raffle car winner is greatly appreciated. It is rare to see a business person give back so much to club that has often given him so much grief.

Thank you Jon.

"Still hope I win"

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I "retired" three years ago to play crew chief - I deserve that car.

PS - don't tell - but I didn't even buy any in Henry's name. ALL MINE.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like my VCA application didn't get processed fast enough for this raffle. I'll have to win the next raffle to make up for it :smirk:

Santo
VCA Member-in-waiting

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is the case that both the raffle and VCA car programs were successful, this would assure the financial stability of the National VCA into 06. Thank you everybody that took part.

In addition I would like to thank Jon for his unwavering support of this club.
His generous donation of a car cover, set of upgraded brake pads and top notch trailer tie down for the raffle car winner is greatly appreciated. It is rare to see a business person give back so much to club that has often given him so much grief.

Thank you Jon.

"Still hope I win"

Yes! Well said Paul! I was very happy to see JonB have the opportunity to post that information. He supports virtually EVERYTHING the VCA does, and he has for years! Not just National stuff either. Ask your region Presidents. I'll bet Jon has contributed some kind of prize or assistance to every VCA region that has asked him.

We also don't want to forget Bobby Archer, John Archer or Skip Thomas for the help they gave this raffle either. Make sure you all see PAGE 9 in the current issue of VCA Notes coming to your mailbox soon.

And, yes again, the VCA is going to be moving into 2006 on VERY solid financial footing.... not only because of these fine sponsors, but certainly due to all the VCA members who've supported the two very successful raffles in 2005. You purchased around 4,000 tickets this year!!!! Many thought it couldn't be done. Guess you were wrong. Many more thought we would never place the 50 special VCA Coupes in a week, especially with the mailing screw up at either the mail house or post office. Guess you were wrong about that too! :) Sorry, but you'll have to look elsewhere for your doom and gloom!

Instead, it's going to be a GREAT VCA CHRISTMAS this year for all members.... not just the lucky person who wins the Comp Coupe!!!! I spent some time talking to Mike Lofton of the Mid-South region (winner of the year's first raffle) at their party this last weekend. It was really exciting to hear him tell the story about getting the "good news" phone call! Who's going to have their life changed THIS time?????? Can't wait to find out!!!

:2tu:

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Santo,
I too missed out on the raffle, sent in my registration as soon as I heard about it but my app has not been processed either. My area president told me it can take 3 to 4 weeks for them to be acted on. Just checked on-line they have not even billed my credit card yet & it's been over a week. Of course partly my fault too, I have had the car since late October and have just been procrastinating.

Sigh :confused:

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even know about the VCA when I bought my car. It took me several months to join. What a waste of those several months. I was enjoying the car, but was unaware of all the cool stuff the VCA had going on.

Raffle chances are roughly 1 in 2000, but the raffles are still exciting ! Every raffle I make concrete plans of what to with, and where to garage the winning car.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought x 2 on the credit card! I'm not lucky, but sure is worth every $ just thinking..."what-if"..."what a fantasy" :p ...oh my...they don't have a 'gremlin' for ***-***... :eek:

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
So here's the problem - I want to win, but I am pretty frugal when it comes to this stuff... so I only bought 2. I know I am way behind you and Steve L in the odds. So, I'll still be rooting for you guys, too!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
So here's the problem - I want to win, but I am pretty frugal when it comes to this stuff... so I only bought 2. I know I am way behind you and Steve L in the odds. So, I'll still be rooting for you guys, too!

lol, I bought 8 my first year... then reality sunk in, and now I personally only buy 1 each time.

Jon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4