How many feet of striping to do a viper?

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a shop whos going to stripe my car, they are far and im trying to get a price quote before i drop off my car.

for them to give me a quote, id have to give them about how many feet it is for them to do my whole viper. 2 stripes from front to rear.

anyone have any idea?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like a shadey question from them,good lord if they charge u by the foot,sounds like lay away job.run forest run!they should be able to quote that job if they have ever done stripes before,common sense of knowing their job.whats feet got to do with it,what about the curves and dipps

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This will get you close: Start your tape measure on the ground in front of the nose, run it over the top of the open door, and stop it on the ground rear of the license plate. Then deduct the depth of the glass. Two stripes? Double it....

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i store my viper at my gf's house =/

Ivan south florida VCA president recommended me to them, its a huge car graphics shop. they do like drag cars and everything.

The guy told me they charge by the foot.

anyone got an idea?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
YEAR,Coupe or vert???

I have made the measurements on Gen IV Coupe...about 161.5 inches on 08 Coupe factory job. If you want more, call me.

OP
OP
S

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah mines coupe, i'll go with those measurements. I really appreciate it Steve!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You are welcome...easy to do with a flex-tape.

As you know, some like add-on stripes to go thru rear plate area (as seen only on 96 coupes)...if this appeals, add 11 inches.

Good luck with the project.

MEMPH1S VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the vinyl shop, I ordered 30 ft. for the two stripes. Gen III vert.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hope I have not confused anyone...as the measurement that I gave was for the length for ONE stripe...so double the number to 323 inches for the total needed for both stripes.

seabass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are kits made that mimic the factory striping b/c it isn't straight... I bought mine for aobut $200 but can't recommend the company for other reasons. the stripes look great but the vinyl installer said they weren't the highest quality vinyl.

i'd be curious to know how your stripes look, bubbling etc., and the cost of mat'l/labor. I paid $250 for the install:(

Mine have a few small bubbles etc. and don't look 100% perfect closeup but for the most part I'm very happy. I hear that Ferrari stripes are vinyl from the factory:)