How much for an '02 Yellow GTS?

Abq Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much for an \'02 Yellow GTS?

I think I have found a great replacement for my '95 RT/10- It's a 2002 GTS, all yellow, 1450 miles, 100% stock, no dings or scratches, never driven in the rain, transferable factory warranty.

I'm wondering what a reasonable price to pay for this vehicle would be.
Chuck (the Wizard) Tator has already given me his answer.

For all the experts out there- What should I expect to pay for this vehicle??

Thanks

Bill
:confused:

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: How much for an \'02 Yellow GTS?

no such thing as an expert on this subject but my buddy ron taximan1 just bought the same ride, same color with 11k on the ticket. pay what others sell for aprox 58,500 but if you gotta have it and you love the color go the extra couple of bucks, we dont buy these things for the investment they provide you buy them for the enjoyment. i am sure though that one day 40 years from now people will be selling these cars on barrett-jackson for much more than they sell for now. but most of us wont be here in 40 years, god willing, SO ENJOY IT NOW!

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have an '02 non-yellow GTS w/4K mis. and I'm asking $57K. (Including a $500 bird dog fee I'm offering.)
I've had some (three), offers of 55K.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I have found a great replacement for my '95 RT/10- It's a 2002 GTS, all yellow, 1450 miles, 100% stock, no dings or scratches, never driven in the rain, transferable factory warranty.

Thanks

Bill

I'd say $58-$59k would be a DARN good deal on that car..... $60-$62k would be a tad high... And $62-65k would be very overpriced..After looking for 6 months for that exact car and color... I can tell you first hand. Even though I went for an 01', those numbers should be pretty darn close.. You need to remember that a Yellow one is ALWAYS going to be more $$$. Simple supply/demand... there are not many of them out there.. only the 2 years..

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, didn't know yellow was so much in demand.
Guess there is a $5K penalty for us non-yellow guys.

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

taximan, you were right with the only 2 years on the production of the yellow, but you need to get the facts straight. yellow is not at all a RARE color, in fact behind red, it is one of the more common colors on gen2's. look at the production numbers broken down by color. black, blue,silver, steelgrey, graphite met., and white are all more rare than your precious yellow. in fact you could even go as far as saying that not only was yellow not a rare color but by it being produced so late in the gen2 life-line that most of these cars still exist. compared to the older gen2 colors whose life was cut short on the track, traffic accidents, and theft. Not mine but I hear things on this board! No flame to you though Ronnie just the way it is when you spew the wrong facts around here Bro. ;)

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, now that we replied...Im curious... What are the asking for the car??

Thanks

Bill

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

High 50's and you will be holding it for a while.......
Prices are falling like bricks.

03 SRT's are going for aywhere from 59 to 65k on the low side, with low miles!

look ant Graphite reply, he has had real world offers in the mid 50's.

OP
OP
A

Abq Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Greg, the original owner and a real nice guy (as ALL VIPER owners are !), has stated that his bottom price for this '02 Yellow GTS was $60,000, although we negotiated down from a higher price. I felt $60K was in the ballpark, just wondered how much in the ballpark and what you guys thought.

Any other comments or suggestions?

Bill

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One of the biggest influencing factors in Viper pricing is
mileage mileage mileage! Documentation is also important to "pass" down to other owners verifying it's pedigree. Warranty - transfer it over and jump right on an available factory extension (it's cheaper the earlier that you get it)

Aside from mechanicals, check under the side sills for damage, sandblasting, hood alignment, front spoiler, front facia, under car front frame rails. Even with low miles these mentioned items can be damaged from bottoming out and rough driving.
Do you want a garage queen, daily driver, or one that has been rode hard and put away wet? Even low mileage cars can be dogs. I found a 4.5k 02 RT that had a DC warranty history that read like War and Peace. Led me to believe that the car was tracked or as stated above rode HARD for those few miles.

Although not REAL easy, SOME people CAN polish a ****......to a degree!

Good luck in your search / purchase!

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I bought my 01 GTS (bumblebee) with 7K on the odo for $52000 from a dealer.

I added an additional 4 years & 43K miles to the warranty from the date of my purchase for $1780.

So for under $54000 I have a perfect car with a warranty up to 50K.

To give you an idea they were asking $63000 for the car, so look hard and negotiate harder.

Good luck in your search and purchase,

Howard

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So can anybody tell me how many yellers were produced...dont be hatin on the yellers...wheres the love...

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score

nobody is hating on the yellows just simply stating to those few that think they have a rare YELLOW viper is not so, yellows were produced fairly frequently. well as far as the whole production run goes anyway. i have a red gts so i guess mine isnt wirth squat huh. no flame intended to the yellows though, i love em like the rest of the cars just i am one that thinks nothin shine better than a red viper going 130 down the quater, unless its one doing 150!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'll tell you right now. For a 2002 GTS with those miles, $60k is a fair deal.... Comparing the SRT's to the GTS's is apples and oranges. No offense, but MOST people I talk to, that are looking for a GTS... Have NO desire to own an SRT...

Greg, the original owner and a real nice guy (as ALL VIPER owners are !), has stated that his bottom price for this '02 Yellow GTS was $60,000, although we negotiated down from a higher price. I felt $60K was in the ballpark, just wondered how much in the ballpark and what you guys thought.

Any other comments or suggestions?

Bill

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got a solid yellow 02 GTS and I believe their was 81 solid yellow GTS built in 02.

VVRRRMM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gary is right about 55K to 58K depending on Miles primarily. We just sold one with 2800 miles, only one wheel rash and no scrapes on the chin for $56K.