How rare am I ? (daily driver)

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my only car, really! ( and it's a Gen1)

I drive it everywhere. Work, store, golf course, ect.

I know this cuts out about 7/8 of the country. (snow)

Anyone else?

IL96RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I drive mine everyday as well, well not when it is actually snowing, but a few days later when the roads are clear.

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Jon, how's Chicago treating you? Met you at the autocross in Sanford, NC a couple months ago. The green rt/10. Are ya missing that NC weather yet?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was my daily driver for about 6 months, but it's really impractical. I bought a SUV, so that I can go to the store and buy more than like a half gallon of milk. I still drive my car nearly everyday (maybe 5 days per week), but if I am going to the mall or the grocery store or Home Depot or something, I don't take it.

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone else?

That's really amazing. I wish I could drive my Viper every day. How many miles do you have on it? How does it hold up to bad weather? Do you drive a lot?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty rare. LOL! I bought my car with this intention but then felt guilty driving it everyday since it was a bit diffucult and I could not stand to see the car dirty. Also tough since everyone looks at the car. I would take it to the store and then find millions of finger prints on the car, not to mention a few scratches. Who knows where those came from. Just attracted too much attention.

As of now I am looking at a SRT-10 as a daily but not sure if I really want to do it. This of course it not till the end of the summer but who knows. If I move to CA next year, it might be a possibility. Just afraid I wont drive the RT anymore. LOL!

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just came home from Christmas shopping, getting everything in maybe a little tricky but it's sure worth it! I drive mine even when I don't have anywhere to go, well at least when the children are in school. Being Mr. Mom in a Viper isn’t that easy with three kids... Merry Christmas all of you!!!!!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine as much as possible. But if I know I'll have to park it in an undesirable area for any length of time, I'll take my Z71 Suburban.

But I have no problem driving in the rain or putting miles on it. 38K and counting

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i really commend those of you guys that can drive their car daily. i am not that person for sure. i am so picky about where i park it, whos near it, if its getting dirty... that i can't seem to physically put it through the paces my jeep or lexus goes through. i drive to brooklyn and nyc almost weekly. i would come out of a customers place up their and be lucky to only have the car up on blocks and still have the car. how about those nice *** holes you bounce off of in the city, or the door dings you seem to get religeously when at the mall or grocery store. i just could not see my viper go to crap and not have it bother the hell out of me.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty rare. LOL! I bought my car with this intention but then felt guilty driving it everyday since it was a bit diffucult and I could not stand to see the car dirty. Also tough since everyone looks at the car. I would take it to the store and then find millions of finger prints on the car, not to mention a few scratches. Who knows where those came from. Just attracted too much attention.

As of now I am looking at a SRT-10 as a daily but not sure if I really want to do it. This of course it not till the end of the summer but who knows. If I move to CA next year, it might be a possibility. Just afraid I wont drive the RT anymore. LOL!

Where in CA are you moving to? I drive my gts 3-4 days a week. The attention you get is pretty annoying, but it's a Viper so what can you do? I found lipstick prints on the hood, which is pretty harmless, but the other day, noticed some pretty serious scuff marks on the drive side. It started from the middle of the door down to the sill, as if someone came down on it with a boot. It even chipped two small pieces off the sill! :mad:

Other than never leaving it out of sight... what else can you do? I refuse to live my life in fear of my posessions. I can fix it faster than the @$$hole can buy new boots. :bonker:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone else?

Let me know when you have 100,000 miles on it.

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Although I am not driving it now due to snow, it will be a daily driver in the summer when I put my winter vehicle away.

santo

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daily driver here to :cool: :usa: and today it's only 75' here in Kali :shocked: and here's my best road to drive on :cool:
4459WillowSpringsTesting05_021-med.jpg

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive my Viper several days a week, even to the store.
But I won't ever leave it unattended for 1-2 hours at a movie theater, and I certainly don't use it for hauling materials.

I consider the Viper to be my daily driver, but I do drive it less than my other cars in the winter/rain.
Happily, that only lasts for a couple months here. And it will be sunny soon enough, so that I can drive it most every day again. :laugh:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where in CA are you moving to? I drive my gts 3-4 days a week. The attention you get is pretty annoying, but it's a Viper so what can you do? I found lipstick prints on the hood, which is pretty harmless, but the other day, noticed some pretty serious scuff marks on the drive side. It started from the middle of the door down to the sill, as if someone came down on it with a boot. It even chipped two small pieces off the sill! :mad:

Other than never leaving it out of sight... what else can you do? I refuse to live my life in fear of my posessions. I can fix it faster than the @$$hole can buy new boots. :bonker:

To tell you the truth I am not really sure as of yet. Of course it is still up in the air but the schools that I am looking at are all over CA. From San Francisco to LA to Orange County, I am all over. LOL!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon, how's Chicago treating you? Met you at the autocross in Sanford, NC a couple months ago. The green rt/10. Are ya missing that NC weather yet?

Ah cool. Yeah Chicago is really cool. Just hate the weather, so for the last month, I have come to NC on 2 weekends, and am coming to NC this weekend. Each time the viper gets its legs stretched!! So I miss the weather, but I love the excitement of Chicago... I guess Summer time in Chicago is going to be like heaven for me :)

Jon

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daily driven except when it snows. I run around on Toyo RA1 cheaters for most of the season and then switch to Pilots for when it's really, really wet here in Wa. Too much fun to miss out on not driving it.

600hp in the wet is rather entertaining to say the least ;-)

forensicsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is my only vehicle too. Don't get much snow in south Louisiana but those summer storms can be really nasty. It becomes a V10 fruit and veggy hauler every saturday morning when I do my weekly grocery shopping. At night my girlfriend often picks me up in her SUV to go out...she's 6ft tall and more muscular than I so I mostly do what she says...otherwise it's Viper
everywhere ....everyday...rain or shine.

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper is becoming more my daily driver. I have an 04 Nissan Z as well. Despite the heat in the cockpit, I love it :) .

Sometimes I feel guilty about putting all those miles on it, but what the heck....screw it!

Bat™

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is becoming more my daily driver. I have an 04 Nissan Z as well. Despite the heat in the cockpit, I love it :) .

Sometimes I feel guilty about putting all those miles on it, but what the heck....screw it!

Bat™

I have the same problem. I feel guilty about putting so many miles on mine, but then I think about the reason i bought a Viper, to DRIVE it :headbang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi