how to adjust clutch

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey there...i weas wondering is there a way to adjust the clutch. I know in my stang back in the day it was something like pulling the clutch pedal up with your foot and reverse or something. does this have any way to set it properly. I find going into gear there seems to be a bit of resistance .

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
While I do not know of an adjustment that can be made...have you flushed/bled/refilled clutch with brake fluid recently? May be worth a try.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it with any gears in particular? 2,4,6???? This is exactly what my GTS did before I lost all fluid and found out the Clutch master cylinder was bad. Clutches don't usually just "go" out of adjustment from my experience.

Good luck!

-Tim

omegac1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My experience is that your slave unit is going and your clutch is not fully dis engaged when your are shifting. Check for oil under your bell housing.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My slave cylinder went out this past Sunday! Waiting on the flarbed later in the week to get it to BBG for some new goodies. The slave cylinder is hydraulic, I haven't had my tranny out before but I'm pretty sure you have to pull the tranny to change the slave cylinder. Anyone with experience on this please jump in. Jeff

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The slave cylinder in held in by two bolts over the input shaft of the tranny (in between the clutch and transmission) so yes the tranny has to be dropped for access. There is not an adjustment for the pedal (unless you just want to change the height a little and use the Roe pedal kit) A look underneath for leaks is the first step, if you dont see any obvious ones coming from the check plate area around the bell housing then try fresh fluid and bleed the system. a new clutch and or slave cylinder is in store if that doesn't solve your issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang