how to prevent rock chips/scrapes on Prefix Splitter?

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the clearbra the best way to go? Anyone that sells a precut kit?

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
is the clearbra the best way to go? Anyone that sells a precut kit?

I bought the ACR track extension for track duty, and noticed that it also seems to keep the rock chips down..just run it all the time now.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought the ACR track extension for track duty, and noticed that it also seems to keep the rock chips down..just run it all the time now.
thanks man I'll check that out. I did a search but came up empty on the subject.

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that Prefix splitter the one that looks like the comp coupe 1 piece one instead of the current ACR splitter?

If it is like the 1 piece comp coupe model, I have bonded an aluminum panel to the bottom of them for several race cars and a few street cars. For those that did not want an aluminum "skid plate", I bonded several layers on carbon on the bottom to act as a sacrificial surface.

With regards to rock chips on top, it is one of the things that just happens. There is no precut clear bra, but I imagine that any local clear bra installer worth his salt could custom cut a piece to go on top.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that Prefix splitter the one that looks like the comp coupe 1 piece one instead of the current ACR splitter?

If it is like the 1 piece comp coupe model, I have bonded an aluminum panel to the bottom of them for several race cars and a few street cars. For those that did not want an aluminum "skid plate", I bonded several layers on carbon on the bottom to act as a sacrificial surface.

With regards to rock chips on top, it is one of the things that just happens. There is no precut clear bra, but I imagine that any local clear bra installer worth his salt could custom cut a piece to go on top.

Yes, it's the one piece splitter as you described. I bought the car to drive and enjoy, and even if I am careful it appears that the splitter needs some sort of protection to keep from getting dinged up.