How your snake got in your garage....

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many ways other then working hard for the cash that many of you have gotten your Vipers.Just wonder if any of you got yours the easy way that i did.LOL.back in may 2005my buddy just finnish his motor rebuild on his 1972 Nova SS.Well of course we needed to take it for a drive just to make sure that it all worked as it should.As we where going down the road another car ran a stop sign.Well needles to say from there it gets well now i can say fun.Keep in mind that a 72 nova only has a lap belt.Needless to say we t-bone the car.I break my back end up with stomach surgery and a month after surgery end up with Blood clots in my lungs.To make the long story short after the laywers settle it all i finally get my dream car and every day i see my car i remember how lucky i was to walk away from it all.Will post pictures of the 72 nova soon..

Shane

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many ways other then working hard for the cash that many of you have gotten your Vipers.Just wonder if any of you got yours the easy way that i did.LOL.back in may 2005my buddy just finnish his motor rebuild on his 1972 Nova SS.Well of course we needed to take it for a drive just to make sure that it all worked as it should.As we where going down the road another car ran a stop sign.Well needles to say from there it gets well now i can say fun.Keep in mind that a 72 nova only has a lap belt.Needless to say we t-bone the car.I break my back end up with stomach surgery and a month after surgery end up with Blood clots in my lungs.To make the long story short after the laywers settle it all i finally get my dream car and every day i see my car i remember how lucky i was to walk away from it all.Will post pictures of the 72 nova soon..

Shane

wow a '72 Nova huh? I can conguer up quite a few stories, I mean LOVING memories of dates I had with a guy named Steve and a green Nova and being a teenager:lmao:

ok, focus focus.

back to Vipers...I always thought they were HOT but also thought they were outta my reach so I kept buying vettes:rolaugh: 3 years ago my friends just got sick of me talking about Vipers and said, 'would ya' JUST go out and BUY ONE!'

So I took 3 days off of work and surfed, shopped, called and got one! The one I really wanted was with the stripe/black int he was in NJ but he didn't act like he wanted to sell it even though he posted the ad, so I gave up on him and took my $ to Marv Rose:2tu: Never drove a Viper in my life, never had SEEN the Viper I bought, so it was alllll virginal that first night:D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the service industry. Sheep pay dearly for my services. Wool do boys and girls!

Oh. Sorry. That covers the hard cash.

How did it get in my garage?

DROVE IT silly head.

BullRider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, made a good company and got it well established.
Jumped on a replica Countach project and worked a year on it. I got a ton of experience working on almost every aspect of a car. Got a lot of experience and confidence enough to...
Buy a salvage '01 RT/10 that smacked a stop sign hard enough to mash the hood, fascia, rad... Jumped in with both feet and now I have a fully repaired, inspected and fun Viper sleeping in the garage ten feet from me.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Shane

That's the easy way?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Inherited some money, didn't buy a Viper. Bought a Motel and put my heart and soul into that. Did lots of improvements and upgrades. Built 2 garages for working on my cars. Figured that after buying and fixing up a dozen or so musclecars and TD's I'd sell them all, then buy a highly modified Viper. Bought a General Store for my wife to run.

Motel burned down. Did OK on insurance and got my investment back as well as a bunch more (for improvements I'd done). Shopped for months, bought a Viper in winter. Hydroplaned and hit a semi - wrote it off. Luckily, I was driving a Viper and only the Truck driver got hurt. With my good driving record insurance wasn't too bad to deal with. Month and a half later I bought another Viper.

Still have a half dozen collector/musclecars for sale.

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One day I said ***, got on the web, found Marv Rose, sent him a check and he sent me a car. You never know what tomorrow may bring..................do what you are dreaming about doing now. My 2 cents.

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Worked my a** off for 14 1/2 years at a blue collar job doing all the overtime I could get and saving half of everything I got in some decent mutual funds. Then I inherited a house and took a close look at my net worth, shocked myself and decided to start living it up. Bought a motorhome, the viper,new Vmax bike, and a boat all for cash.
Sold my previous ****** for $1000, had 268,000 miles on it and got married and retired.

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you all are gonna hate my answer....... Daddy bought it for me :lmao: but seriously he did. Kind of a high school graduation gift I guess. Came home from baseball practice, opened the garage, and there it was parked at an angle across both stalls all shiny and perfect. 04' Black vert. I actually got a tear! True story. All by myself and no one to share that moment with (parents were still at work).

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saved up and bought my original 94, Bumble Bee, Viper for cash. Did everything to it, Roe S/C. H2O ****, NOS, custom interior, paint, Kinesis Wheels, 3:73's.....the works.........Viper mech. totaled it 1 year ago today while on a test drive. Got the Ins. money, and bought an 05 Comm. Edition, now S/C'd, 3:55's, Eibachs, etc. etc........never looked back!

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a nice fat raise at work that would cover a viper payment and insurance every month + a little more...

So I went and bought a viper a few weeks later.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snuffed out alot of living things,then hired people to ***** out alot of living things,and then bought a Viper with all my ill gotten cash!!!!

I own a commercial pest management company.
Do you know how many bugs you have to kill to buy a Viper???

ONE HECK OF ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No kids. No wife. (No life;))

2 jobs. 60+ hours a week. 6 days a week.

Decided *** and traded in my '04 SRT Ram & a BIG pile of Cash = '06 Viper Coupe w/ Title.:D

Someday I'd like to have an actual 2 day weekend off from work. I hear it's relaxing.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you all are gonna hate my answer....... Daddy bought it for me :lmao: but seriously he did. Kind of a high school graduation gift I guess. Came home from baseball practice, opened the garage, and there it was parked at an angle across both stalls all shiny and perfect. 04' Black vert. I actually got a tear! True story. All by myself and no one to share that moment with (parents were still at work).

Actually i bought the car so my one year old could have it when i am to old to drive

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was my dream since 14yrs old, and my Goal since 16yrs old.

The goal helped me with motivation/discipline to get though school.
lived w/parents after college for a couple years to save up money, and luckily my job as a CADtechnician/surveyor was 3min from home so I didn’t have to spend $ on gas.

Knowing my ultimate goal was to get the viper i never wasted money on depreciating sportscars. It was cool having friends with nice cars through highschool&college but in the back of mind i always knew that saving money by just using the family ****** would put me that much closer to getting the viper at a younger age. To fulfill my need for speed picked up a ZX-6R sport bike that only cost me 3500bucks and was able to get rid of it for the same price later on.

I Knew that would need mucho experience with RearWheelDrive before getting the viper so after college i bought the PERFECT cheap learning tool to get down the fundamentals/dynamics of a 50/50 RWD car: A 99Miata. AutoXed it, daily drove it, had many late-night sessions in parkinglots pushing the limits to learn how to tame the rear-end. Recently sold it to make room for the viper. Now 26yrs old with plenty of time to enjoy it!

"If you Believe than you can Achieve" was my quote in my high school yearbook 10yrs ago... Everyone that knew me when i was younger knew that i was viper crazy. but during and after college i didn’t talk much about vipers much because i didn’t want people to think i was a dreamer. When i got the GTS last month friends found out by surprise and most of them sincerely congratulated me knowing how much it meant to me. THAT feeling was Just as good as owning the car its-self. I hope that them seeing me achieving my goals will motivate them to do the same and i look forward to also passing on the message to young kids that show love towards the viper.
- Dominick Schiavoni

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many ways other then working hard for the cash that many of you have gotten your Vipers.

Is there any other way, other than maybe your method?

Two years ago I was AVERAGING over 80 hours per week at work through April. I told my wife I wanted something nice to boost my morale for working all these long hours. Elivra now resides in my garage.

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw it online, never seen orange with black stripes ever anywhere, thought it looked cool.

Called the company that leases me equipment for my business, said 'I need a vehicle for my company, it costs $80K' they said 'Give us the VIN and the vendor contact, we'll FedEx you the paperwork, return with a check for 10% down'

7 days later car was at my door.

If you own a business and have relationships with the banks, you can get ANYTHING you want. At ANY price. Often times most commercia banks won't talk to you unless you want to do at least $100,000 worth of business. i.e. there is no approval for any less.

Case in point, walk into any Best Buy store and see how much credit they'll give you on their credit card. what, maybe like $5K-$10K. If you own a business call any commerical lessor and say 'I'm expanding my business into audio/video, I need [insert pile of equipment here]' and for anything under $250,000 they'll simply say to send them your bank statements and even if your FICO ***** they don't care. As long as you MAKE MONEY and imply that what you're leasing will be used to make you MORE MONEY, they'll give you anything you want pretty much.

In fact I was watching an investment show the other night talking about all the banks in the toilet because of sub-prime mess, and they mentioned a bunch of banks doing very well and haven't been touched in the slightest by any credit crunch or defaults, and they were all commercial banks doing commerical mortgages and equipment leasing.

After you establish a relationship they will call and try and give you more money on a consitent basis. They'll be like "So how is that [Viper, Ferrari, HD Broadcast Camera, Forklift] working out for you? Well great because as you've been with us a year we've doubled your credit line to $500,000 just let us know if you need anything else"

Tell me the last time Chrysler Financial called and told you that...in fact you know those stupid no interest and deferred payment deals like at Best Buy? They have those in the commerical world too. I've leased $150,000 worth of equipment for no money down and no payments for 6 months. In fact could have done it with the Viper but it takes longer and as I wanted the car immediately and cheaper payment and a better buy-out option I settled for 10% down.

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To make an extremely long story short...I was engaged, had $$ saved up for the married life...engagement fell apart. I was majorly **********/depressed for a long while. Decided the only way to cheer myself up would be to spend the $$ I had saved up and buy the car I'd wanted since 1992....:2tu::headbang::headbang::2tu:

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will probably hate this one but here goes:

My husband bought it for me for Valentine's Day this year!

I met my husband almost 20 years ago. We went our separate ways after high school and reconnected a couple of years ago. We got married last July. We now have 3 kids between us and two businesses plus one more business we are getting ready to open. I have wanted a Viper since they first came out. When I saw a picture of the Snakeskin Green Viper, I was definitely hooked. He went on a major search to track one down for me. So, while it was a gift, it was also to help me relax from the stress of the businesses.

Thanks, Baby!

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won a case on an appeal. Nothing to big, but big enough to make a good start on one. I was temted to have on my plate "apealng" but I figured not enough people would get it.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Told myself I would get a Viper when I turned 50. A few months before my birthday my wife announced that she was leaving me. For Christmas she bought me a Grey remote control Viper. A month later I was buying a car for my stepson. He wanted a Mustang Cobra. I heard that our Dodge dealer in our small town had a used one. We went down to look at it and there was this gorgeous new Graphite and Silver ACR on the show room floor. I thought it was karma and I had to have it. I went ahead and bought it on a saturday morning and left it there to have some mods done. Wife called me an hour later and asked me if I bought a Viper and I admitted it. I asked her where she was and she was at the dealer. Monday morning my divorce attorney was sitting in my office waiting for me wanting to know what kind of idiot I was. I had told no one I had bought the car! Ended up letting her drive the car home, buying her son a Cobra Mustang and her a Ford Explorer Conversion and paying more than I expected to in the Divorce. It was worth it! :dunno:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious to see how many ways other then working hard for the cash that many of you have gotten your Vipers.

Is there any other way, other than maybe your method?
Two years ago I was AVERAGING over 80 hours per week at work through April. I told my wife I wanted something nice to boost my morale for working all these long hours. Elivra now resides in my garage.

Yep, same here with Mike, working 365 days a year...there IS no other way for us.
Working hard, then playing hard when we have the time...that makes life MUCH MORE precious...and we treasure every moment we have together...AND our passions, which include each other AND the cars~~~~;):cool::D!! ~juli
**Good for you Jeff, your wife and Elvira!!**

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang