How your snake got in your garage....

vegas guy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started my own company, worked my butt off, got really really lucky, made $$$$$$. Wife said slow down, take a break and go buy yourself a toy. Called dealer looking for a Red Vert. Dealer says there's a waiting list and your number 4 on the list. Next day I call dealer and ask what's your wire transfer information I'll send you the money, dealer snickers, replies Yeah right!, 6pm that night dealer calls, says money in his account, your now number one on the list, just unloaded your Red Vert will deliver it tomorrow! Life is good!

PS: Taught the wife to drive the Viper this weekend, now she wants one, wife says go back to working your butt off. :dunno:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1996, on a typical day I leave for work in the morning and come home to find a '96 White/Blue Striped RT/10 in my parents garage. My jaw dropped. I was speechless...I didn't know what to make of this beast I was seeing but it was an incredible feeling standing in its presence. It turns out a family member was going through a divorce and didn't want his wife to know he had purchased a Viper so he hid it at my parents house for some time. For weeks I would drool over that car, pop the hood and explore every inch of the engine. There was simply NOTHING like it at the time, as today, and I can still feel the rush to this day. I still get the same feeling when my uncle shows up with it. I knew then that someday I would own a Viper. I remember the day my uncle took me for a ride in it...he had only driven it home up until then. I remember he was absolutely terrified by it. His words were "this is nothing like the vette" :D. 10 years later I purchased one. I got my priorities in order: job, family, house, etc. and worked my *** off to finally pull the trigger on one. My next goal is to buy my uncle's '96 from him...all these years and it only has 10K miles on it. It needs to be driven.

TBarrow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My wife bought it for me as a suprise. Before she gave it to me she had a 3:55 w/ Quaife diff, Corsa Track, hi flo cats really straight, CC Controller. I could not believe that she actully listened to car stuff all these years. I added the AutoForm Rollbar, 6 point harnesses, Green filters, Passport SR7 w/ shifters. I had always wanted one but she did not like the RT/10 probably because we knew someone with one and she did not like to copy anyone. She saw the SRT-10 at my broker and made the deal without me knowing.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought a Mini, sold it. Saved more.
Bought a Ford Cortina GT, sold it. Saved more.
Moved to Sweden, bought a -73 vette for $7000. Moved to Finland, sold it for 35K. Saved more.

Lost all of my money when I hired a lawyer and moved (legally) to USA. Saved more.
Bought a -87 Buick GN, sold it. Saved more.
Bought a -63 Vette Splitwindow, restored in 5 years, sold it.
It was my 40th birthday and I asked my wife to buy me a Viper, she said no. I decided, screw this, I took all my money and borrowed some more from bank and bought a Viper next week... Paid it in 2 years.

It's been a long way to a Viper, I never thought I could own one. I am one happy camper today, I've owned it now for 7 years. I'll never sell it. Never.

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote.

"It's been a long way to a Viper, I never thought I could own one. I am one happy camper today, I've owned it now for 7 years. I'll never sell it. Never."

Now that's inspirational!:2tu:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well;

Worked for the same engineering company since University, for over 10 years at the time I bought my car. 80 hour weeks before marriage, 60 hour weeks after marriage. Worked up from Project Engineer to Project Manager to BD Manager to Area Manager to VP of US BD to Executive VP of US Operations, all while convincing the existing owners to finally sell me 2.76% (investment loan) in their 35 year old global company.

First Board of Directors Meeting, they resume discussions on sale of the company which I just bought a significant amount of shares in at $5.10 a share. Company gets swallowed up by a public company for $37.50 a share shortly afterwards and after paying the taxes to good ole Uncle Sam and finishing our basement, I started looking around for another Saleen for my collection. My lovely wife said, enough Saleens, you have been talking about Vipers forever, just buy a new Viper. Okay!!!!!! Found a once in a lifetime deal and a brand new 06' Coupe, put 10% down and bought the sucker. Making payments, but at 4.25% for 5 years. Remaining cash in bank for a rainy day! Still working for the same company running the US Operations with a very real chance of potentially buying the US operaitons for a song soon and going private again. Crazy!

Despite the fact my Dad/Mom could probably have bought me a Viper for my high school graduation present, I got a camera. :) Despite the fact my Dad/Mom could probably have bought me a Viper for my University graduation present, I got luggage. Even though I have worked my whole life for everything, i got the hint. the only way we will see anything is if my wife and have some grand kids quick. ;)

Another experience off my bucket list!

Last edited:

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a chronic underachiever, combined with a startling lack of ambition, I am fortunate to have married a wife who is my polar opposite in these areas. This allowed me to purchase my '98 RT/10 with 11k miles, completely paid for.

A little bit of role-reversal, but it's always worked for us in our relationship. Both are keepers!:yay:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my first daughter turned 16 we went car shopping. She didn't care what kind of car she got, she just wanted one. We found a nice one and she got it. Next daughter comes up at sixteen. But she is daddy's little girl and she knows just what she wants. Won't have anything other than a cherry red mini. Girls love the mini coopers for sure. Of course princess gets what she wants. :)

But now I start thinking, I'm turning 50, why shouldn't I have my dream car too? I'm not getting any younger. Well, I could never afford a viper, that's why. Started looking at my finaces and discovered maybe I could afford it. Found the right deal and that's it. :)

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my car the my daddy did and the way his daddy did and they way his daddy did before him....we did it all the same way......

*** ****....and lots of it.

What????!!

GTRDIABLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worked 10hrs a day for a oil company pumping wells for 7 years. Worked every bit of OT I could in that time. When they hired me on they gave me 3000 shares at 38.65. The shares climbed to a little over 75 and split. Then they climbed to a little over 75 again and split again. And they did this one more time. I sold the shares and quit to go work for another oil company that pays twice what I did at the old one. ThenI bought not one but 2 vipers and the car I said I'd always buy if I won the lottery. A NAER Lamborghini Diablo 6.0. Love the Lambo just love the viper better so I'm selling it and getting a new SRT and dropping a S/C on it. Should go nicely with my early production 93.

OP
OP
C

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Worked 10hrs a day for a oil company pumping wells for 7 years. Worked every bit of OT I could in that time. When they hired me on they gave me 3000 shares at 38.65. The shares climbed to a little over 75 and split. Then they climbed to a little over 75 again and split again. And they did this one more time. I sold the shares and quit to go work for another oil company that pays twice what I did at the old one. ThenI bought not one but 2 vipers and the car I said I'd always buy if I won the lottery. A NAER Lamborghini Diablo 6.0. Love the Lambo just love the viper better so I'm selling it and getting a new SRT and dropping a S/C on it. Should go nicely with my early production 93.

Tried the oil patch thing.Easier to have an accident then deal with most of the hours and be away from my 16 month old.Now i'm a plumber apprentice with a Viper not to many can say that.LOL

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See thread "What do you do for a living?" from 1-2 years ago. Personally I am a UPS driver. It started out as a college job and after graduation the local job market was poor. Started up at Xerox as a full time temp for 1.5 yrs while I was still part time at UPS for another 25 hrs/week. Used those credit card 0% balance transfer promotions to pay off mortgage and end up debt free by age 32. 4 days later I bought what has been my dream car since I saw the 1989 concept car pics with a home equity line of credit long since paid off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960